Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
k5 D-BG4 problem live view

Whenever I use live view with my DBG4 on my k5, it instantly says I have battery depleted. When I take off the battery grip its fine though..

I have AA batteries in the grip, both batteries in body and in the grip are full as well.

Any ideas?

10-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What brand of AA battery's do you use? That can make a big difference. I noticed the same effect to a far lesser extend too. I can use the grip with Energizer Lithiums for live-view and for video. But that certainly drains the battery's much faster than with the normal rechargeable battery and the battery indicator shows it. But after some time the indicator say's the battery's are fine again. In reality I only have to turn on live-view to see the green bar of that indicator shrink again rather quickly. Those lithiums don't hold there charge as well as the normal rechargeable battery. For 'normal' use without live view or video it's no problem at. But I don't have the remove the grip to continue shooting. I'll fire up the camera again without a problem and choose the battery in the camera itself in the menu if my AA's in the grip can't be trusted anymore. In that same menu you can specify which battery's you use. Perhaps that helps?
10-23-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Sanyo Eneloops to be exact..