Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
economical tripod+lightweight+portable

Please suggest an economical lightweight pocketable (well, not in my shirt pocket) tripod that you know of (and any particular offers currently). Idea is to take this easily with a minimal camera kit. Very confused about which one to choose as the price ranges are very drastic. I am not a pro but just an amateur so would not like to do a heavy investment on this and at the same time, it has to withstand the weight of any heavy zooms like Tammy 17-50 although I dont currently own one now but there are plans.

Last edited by sany; 11-21-2011 at 11:06 PM.
11-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sany Quote
Very confused about which one to choose as the price ranges are very drastic
Sany, post some links of the ones you have already been looking at...

--
11-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
krp
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like my Benro Travel Angel. The model I bought early this year was only $100 but I think it was discontinued. It folds up to 14 inches and weighs 4 lbs. There's some others like it here: Amazon.com: benro travel angel Tripods
11-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Sany, post some links of the ones you have already been looking at...

--

All that I had heard in general is of Manfrotto, so things like 190XB pro in Manfrotto which you will find in amazon for a quick price list and going upwards there are other models. Even the cheaper end itself is not that cheap (ofcourse there will be the quality expected but still..)

11-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krp Quote
I like my Benro Travel Angel. The model I bought early this year was only $100 but I think it was discontinued. It folds up to 14 inches and weighs 4 lbs. There's some others like it here: Amazon.com: benro travel angel Tripods
thanks krp, I also heard the Manfrotto 190XB pro folds to 9 inches - unbelievable, not sure how true it is.
11-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you want a very decent ripod for about 40$, look at the Dolica proline sold on Amazon. It's generally regarded as the best sub-100$ tripod. It's also sold under other names, such as Induro, for about 130$...