Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #16

Take a look at F-Stop backpacks. I have a Loka an it is the best backpack in any category I've ever had.

12-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I second the recommendation of Domke bags, they are certainly low profile compared to the colours of most crumpler bags. Domke bags are also more secure* and the shoulder strap on Domke bags is a lot more comfortable than the synthetic type crumpler use.

*as Leica photographers will tell you. Domke camera bags are typically built with small cameras in mind, especially Leica-M rangefinders.
12-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I'm leaning toward the crumpler, mostly because its readily available in store and is not special order. I don't really care about "pro" look as I do this for me and myself. (however friends are starting to ask if I can do their photos) So I don't actually mind the "Fun" style of the bag.
The others just look like better quality.
I'm a bit of a bag junkie (I promise I'm not a girl...) My most used bag is a Crumpler Bunny Man... I bought it secondhand and it has seen some abuse...

It holds up much better than my Lowepro backpack which is less than a year old... I worry about the longevity of the Lowepro... The Crumpler, not so much...

I also have a Crumpler Messenger Boy 5500 which either carries my Netbook and uni stuff or flashes, glowsticks and torches and sees an equallamount of abuse...

I agree the crumpler's are 'fun looking' but in my experience they're 'pro enough' to take it!!
12-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently ordered a Manfrotto Unica VII. Haven't received it yet, that's how recently I've ordered it .

Saw some good reviews on it, and found it on sale here: Costco - Manfrotto Unica VII

If I can remember I'll pop back and let you know what I think when I get it.

12-22-2011, 03:07 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joakimfors Quote
Take a look at F-Stop backpacks. I have a Loka an it is the best backpack in any category I've ever had.
The look good... The kenti looks like a good pack for climbing, mountain biking etc... Unfortunately I can't find a UK stockist... Have emailed the company for assistance
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MadAmos Quote
I recently ordered a Manfrotto Unica VII. Haven't received it yet, that's how recently I've ordered it .

Saw some good reviews on it, and found it on sale here: Costco - Manfrotto Unica VII

If I can remember I'll pop back and let you know what I think when I get it.
Just got my Manfrotto Unica bag. For what I wanted, which was something to combine camera bag and bag for laptop/office items it works well. It lacks dedicated storage for camera equipment however. The actual storage room for the camera/lens is only about 1/3 to 1/2 of the main pouch. So if you need a bag to take all of your lenses and a flash etc... this is probably not the bag for you. If you just want something that will let you have your SLR with you everywhere you go and not have to tote along a dedicated camera bag, this is a bag to look at.
12-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
Pentaxian

The sahara series from Naneu holds some decent gear. and are nicely priced and good quality

12-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I have the small ThinkTank Urban Disguise (the 35, I think; it's the vertical one) and it's the best camera bag I've ever owned. Low key, holds pretty much everything I need, including one or two speedlights, pretty much all my glass (my 135, my 50s, and that big ol' Zeiss 25, etc.). I can carry two bodies although it's tight.

No complaints, haven't felt the need for anything more/bigger.