Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I got a wide stretchy Ape strap. I wanted to keep people from seeing a brand logo, and to be more low-key. Now they look at the primate logo, then the camera. Oy!

I almost bought a pair of those. How do you like them? Are they nice and long? They seem pretty good compared to many straps out there because they don't use those plastic quick releases.

12-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I almost bought a pair of those. How do you like them? Are they nice and long? They seem pretty good compared to many straps out there because they don't use those plastic quick releases.
Once the "wetsuit" smell goes away, it is a pretty nice strap. The extra width and springiness of the neoprene makes it a bit more comfortable with heavier lenses. I thought about cutting the stitching to remove the Ape logo, but never have...
12-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just saw this on ebay: Pentax Strap I cannot tell if it is wide or not but worth a look.
12-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just use one of these dirt-cheap straps:

eBay strap

They're a little stretchy so they're a little easier on your neck with heavier lenses and if it gets filthy or ratty a new one's only $3. Personally I don't care for the straps with conspicuously displayed brand names.

12-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I would also be very interested in a better/wider strap for my K-5 with the red PENTAX logo on it. Something to annoy CaNikon owners... ;-)
12-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #21

Has anyone tried the Leica strap for M series cameras? It comes highly recommended by Ken Rockwell (Camera Straps). He says it is for lightweight cameras up to 2.5 lbs. I don't put big heavy lens on my K-5 so it won't exceed 2.5 lbs. I've seen favorable reviews on B&H and Amazon. Several people who have used it with the Nikon D7000 have liked it. Has anyone had used this Leica strap with the K-5?
12-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #22

Original Poster
Does anyone know anything about this strap, or the red asahi pentax one? Post pictures if you can

Attached Images

02-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Love this thread. I was just shopping for a new strap. Everytime I see a Canikon user the one thing that gets me jealous is the wider neck straps. Kind of wanted to wear my colors on my neck, but looks like that won't happen. Just curious does anyone know anything about this strap?
Link
02-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #24
Veteran Member

jatrax Thats the one I got then switched the ends to use the optech quick release connects works great.
02-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #25

Original Poster
I went ahead and bought these straps off ebay. I really like the top one! I highly recommend it, even if the shipping takes forever!
Attached Images