Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
D-BG4 Questions - AAs, storage, etc.

Ok, some may have seen my other posts about pursuing a D-BG4 for my K5. The second try arrived today and looks to be in top shape I didn't have any extra batteries at work so I tried it out this morning empty and it worked like a champ. Got home and put a Pentax battery in the grip and its asking me which I want to use first Excellent. The drawer slid in fine when it was empty and when I had the Pentax battery in but when I swapped out to the AA drawer and filled it with 6 Eneloops (which are snug and stay put when you flip it over to do the other side) it was a wee bit hard to get the drawer to go all the way in and lock. Nothing tough but definitely resistance that was just not there with the Pentax battery drawer. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also, anyone have a holster style case that works with the K5+BG4+18-135 lens setup?

Thanks!!

12-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have this one and one of the reasons I have kept it is that it has a good taper to it so it gets bigger as it goes up and I know it will take the DSLR w/grip toward the top. I plan on getting the D-BG4 soon enough and I will be using this holster. But, I have not actually tried it so I can not speak from experience. It is really well constructed though and a good value!!

Mountainsmith
12-24-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
I have this one and one of the reasons I have kept it is that it has a good taper to it so it gets bigger as it goes up and I know it will take the DSLR w/grip toward the top. I plan on getting the D-BG4 soon enough and I will be using this holster. But, I have not actually tried it so I can not speak from experience. It is really well constructed though and a good value!!

Mountainsmith
Thanks. Kinda hard to tell if the grip would fit, are the dimensions listed for the top at its latgest?
12-24-2011, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

I measured mine and it is just shy of 9" X 7" at the top. there is a product detail drawing on the page I linked above that pops up with dimensions.
I used this when I had a 400mm 5.6 attached to my camera and it accommodated that combo really well. I also had some of this (below) left over and I put an extra divider across the top to keep my camera from moving around because it didn't have the grip to take up the extra space at the top.

Kata Bags MODULAR SOFT DIVIDER KIT-S10 - Pro Video

12-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
I measured mine and it is just shy of 9" X 7" at the top. there is a product detail drawing on the page I linked above that pops up with dimensions.
I used this when I had a 400mm 5.6 attached to my camera and it accommodated that combo really well. I also had some of this (below) left over and I put an extra divider across the top to keep my camera from moving around because it didn't have the grip to take up the extra space at the top.

Kata Bags MODULAR SOFT DIVIDER KIT-S10 - Pro Video

Thanks! I'll take another look for the popup dimensions. Appreciate it.