Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by incidentflux Quote
A friend of mine just told me about ThinkTank. However their slings seem very bulky...

Search - Camera Bags, Backpacks, Belts, Beltpacks, more

Yes, at first that was my reaction too. However, after watching their video I saw that the demsonstrator is using what looks like a FF camera with a LARGE 200mm f2.8 lens AND hood already on and not in the reversed position that she just pulls out of the bag. That's a BIG setup to store in a sling bag without any changes from being ready to shoot.

After watching the video I actually believe them when they say that it will accommodate most pro size DSLRs and a 70-200 f2.8 attached with lens hood in position, plus 3-5 additional lenses. Doing so takes a lot of space. I also liked the way they handle making the sling strap reversible.

01-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I currently have about 6 bags - but would like to get it down to 3 perfect ones... (none of the ones I have is perfect...)
I reckon I'm actually a bit of a girl about camera bags but its just cos I haven't got the right 3 yet...

The following are I believe my 3 perfect bags; I've capitalized the important features for each of them:

1) Billingham Hadley Small - DSLR and a couple primes, couple filters and maybe a flash - a daytime bag... SUBTLE and QUICK and QUIET and doesn't scream camera!!
The 'City-shooters Bag'

2) Domke F2 - ALL MY GEAR - FILM CAMERAS - THE LOT - for times when I want everything - the bag you pack your bag from and chuck stuff into!
The 'Car-shooters bag'.

3) Click-Elite Venture 35 - For walking, hiking, climbing - Room for a good landscape kit, hill-top portrait - Has a TRIPOD HOLDER as well as PLENTY OF ROOM FOR NON PHOTOGRAPHIC STUFF (eg. waterproof clothing, lunch and general 'things')
The 'prepared for a hike/trek/adventure bag'.

Unfortunately... The price of those 3 is IMO fairly astronomical... Hence the 6 (maybe 7) fairly cheap, but not perfect bags that I own...
My 3 styles of shooting require 3 perfect bags... Dream on Dave!!
01-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
I currently have about 6 bags - but would like to get it down to 3 perfect ones... (none of the ones I have is perfect...)
I reckon I'm actually a bit of a girl about camera bags but its just cos I haven't got the right 3 yet...

The following are I believe my 3 perfect bags; I've capitalized the important features for each of them:

1) Billingham Hadley Small - DSLR and a couple primes, couple filters and maybe a flash - a daytime bag... SUBTLE and QUICK and QUIET and doesn't scream camera!!
The 'City-shooters Bag'

2) Domke F2 - ALL MY GEAR - FILM CAMERAS - THE LOT - for times when I want everything - the bag you pack your bag from and chuck stuff into!
The 'Car-shooters bag'.

3) Click-Elite Venture 35 - For walking, hiking, climbing - Room for a good landscape kit, hill-top portrait - Has a TRIPOD HOLDER as well as PLENTY OF ROOM FOR NON PHOTOGRAPHIC STUFF (eg. waterproof clothing, lunch and general 'things')
The 'prepared for a hike/trek/adventure bag'.

Unfortunately... The price of those 3 is IMO fairly astronomical... Hence the 6 (maybe 7) fairly cheap, but not perfect bags that I own...
My 3 styles of shooting require 3 perfect bags... Dream on Dave!!
I know what you mean. I just looked and I have 3 slinger bags (one for the K-5 and one for the K-x and one that stores lenses), two holster bags, and one Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 with several sliplock attachments. The closest to perfect, so far, is my Lowepro Slingshot 200. Perhaps it'll be even better if I reconfigure the interior the way MikeSF has done his? Then all it would need is a tripod attachment point and I'd be pretty darn happy with it - and all for $49!
01-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Looks nice and I do like most of Case Logic's stuff when I get to handle it, but it's too small for me as I like to have 2-3 extra lenses if I'm taking more than just the camera and its 1 lens with me.
Yes, I actually bumped in to it and watched the video as well, but seems a bit little for my needs, actually the BBP has the same design (but the camera holder in the main compartment), and it is a little bit bigger, has a third compartment.

I have a small k-x and most of my lenses are small (M50, SMC 135, Old Tokina 80-200) so i believe that will have enough space on the BBP, will let you know next weekend, when it arrives!

03-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I have been using it for a month

Ok. Finally BBP slingbag arrives, and have been using it for a month.

Let me tell you that I love it. It is a medium size bag, but holds everything I need for a trip: Mi k-x, with a lens attached, my old tokina 80-200, my all terrain: takumar 18-200, a 28 M42, my favorite M50 f1.4 and my takumar 135, plus my flash, cleaning kit and macro rings.

It is super comfortable once you use the waist strap over your pants belt.

On the lower compartment I carry 8 to 12 AA batteries.

I highly recommend it.

Regards to all