Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
BBP DSLR Slinger Bag... anyone has bought one?

Hi.

I will be on a trip and have been looking for a sling bag. Seen and read everything about: Lowerpro, Targus, Tamrac, etc, but found this one and seems to me that it can do the job.

BBP | DSLR Camera Sling Bag

Love that u can carry the iPad as well.

Please let me know if anyone have any comments.

01-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bags are TOUGH to pick from online information. I've been through 6 in the past 18 months and know that what looks great online can often just not work in real life. If its at all possible I would suggest you visit a store with some choices to try out and see what you like and what leaves you cold. One thing about the one you linked to is that it's small for a sling. The main compartment seems to be able to hold a fullsized camera, fine, but only 1-2 more lenses. If that is all you think you'll need to take, then fine.

It gets good reviews on Amazon and is cheaper there than through the manufacturers site too:
Amazon.com: BBP DSLR Sling Bag with iPad Slot (fits Canon EOS 7D, 5D, 60D, 50D, Rebel T3, T3i, T2i, T1i, XS) with RAIN COVER: Camera & Photo
01-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
I agree with you, on line is tough to pick one. And at this point there´s just like 5 photos all over the internet of that bag, seems to me that it is just developed.

My problem is that I live in Costa Rica, and there´s no stores here to check the sling bag. I have a Pentax k-x that is a small body and normally carry 2 or 3 lenses, one is my smc 50mm M, which is a little one. Seems also that the main compartment is big enough and pads can be movable, so probably flash or lenses could be fit in there...

I also check the reviews and they are good. Also found the amazon link that u provide, to be honest I already have it in my cart!!! but will wait a while for more posts or pics someone has.

Tx a lot, I appreciate it.
01-07-2012, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Don't feel too bad about not being able to see it anywhere - I have no camera stores nearby either and I live north of Atlanta.

I did find a VERY nice review with lots of pictures of it that you may not have seen
Digital Grin Photography Forum

01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, I was just seeing that review.

I Appreciate your time to find it

Again. Thanks a lot. Will let you know my review when I get it
01-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maucardona Quote
Thanks, I was just seeing that review.

I Appreciate your time to find it

Again. Thanks a lot. Will let you know my review when I get it
Good luck. It looks nice, hope its what you need.
01-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #7

Thought I'd reply and give you some feedback and thoughts on teh bag I've had for 2+ years and has done me very well!
Lowpro is the bag I've had. Can't seem to find the model # on it but it's been great. Over 1 shoulder and under the other arm, i don't have to take it out to get at my camera and gear. It comes with a weather proof cover that covers the entire bag when rain comes! It's comfortable and isn't too big so when it gets hot it isn't too bad.
Lots of loops for accessory pouches too.
And it was less than $100.

01-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks. Will get it, totally convinced!

Regards.
01-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
Forum Member

I was also looking for a sling bag for vacations, might go for this one too. But I personally like the design of the Case Logic SLR Sling.

Amazon.com: Case Logic SLR Sling: Camera & Photo

Last edited by incidentflux; 01-14-2012 at 12:39 PM.
01-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by incidentflux Quote
I was also looking for a sling bag for vacations, might go for this one too. But I personally like the design of the Case Logic SLR Sling.

Amazon.com: Case Logic SLR Sling: Camera & Photo

Case Logic SLR Sling (SLRC-205) - YouTube
Looks nice and I do like most of Case Logic's stuff when I get to handle it, but it's too small for me as I like to have 2-3 extra lenses if I'm taking more than just the camera and its 1 lens with me.
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
Forum Member

Man, this sling by Crumpler looks nice.

Enthusiast by Crumpler
01-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Enthusiast by Crumpler
It's brand new too. Only available since just before Christmas, so there are no reviews around on it that I can find. It might be a nice bag, but for a camera bag by a company that puts out lots of camera bags the photos showing off its features are lousy. I just can't tell very much about the interior from the photos they included - WAY too many of the outside and not nearly enough showing me how the thing is configured or configurable.
01-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
Forum Member

A friend of mine just told me about ThinkTank. However their slings seem very bulky...

Search - Camera Bags, Backpacks, Belts, Beltpacks, more
01-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
Veteran Member

There are many more that makes slingbags, Taka and Tamrac for example.
I don't really like slingbags so i can't help you further.
01-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #15

Enthusiast by Crumpler
Looks nice but not, imo, $100+ nicer than the BBP. $175! Yikes.