Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
k-5 eyecup

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

... just looking for a non-magnifying replacement eyecup for my k-5..... i wear glasses... would prefer to keep my large nose off the lcd screen, and shield the viewfinder a bit more than the standard eyepiece does... anyone out there acquire such an aftermarket item?
i've seen fleabay list a few, but never mentioning if it fits a k-5 or not... trial and error is not my cup of tea..
regards all, dave m

01-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #2

6 Adapter 6in1 Eyecup Eye Cup f Canon Nikon Sony Pentax | eBay

im looking for the same thing and came across this.
not sure how good this thing work for ppl wit glasses (i wear glasses too)
experience anyone?
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by telly0050 Quote
6 Adapter 6in1 Eyecup Eye Cup f Canon Nikon Sony Pentax | eBay

im looking for the same thing and came across this.
not sure how good this thing work for ppl wit glasses (i wear glasses too)
experience anyone?
That should work.
But if you're looking for a glasses friendly version then I'd recommend something from along the lines of a KPS magnifier screen which results in a for more powerful diopter adjustment(which is what I use). This way you can simply slip down your glasses(on your nose) and peek through into a nice clear image. Granted, there is a slight loss around the edges but that's rarely an issue as you can easilly maneuvre or shift your eye to see whatever edges of the screen that needs seeing.

Hope this helps.