Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Interesting.
From how much time have you used that setup?
For known the reliability during the time.
I have taken a look at the sunwayfoto site but i don't find the Macro Rail Sunwayfoto DMP-140, was replaced from some other models?
The Gimball that you used was a:
Desmond DGH-01 Gimbal Head?

Exist some reliable seller inside the EU?

Last edited by alexfoto; 03-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
03-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alexfoto Quote
Interesting.
From how much time have you used that setup?
For known the reliability during the time.
I have taken a look at the sunwayfoto site but i don't find the Macro Rail Sunwayfoto DMP-140, was replaced from some other models?
The Gimball that you used was a:
Desmond DGH-01 Gimbal Head?

Exist some reliable seller inside the EU?
I could not say if there is a EU seller, I bought the Ball head, rail and Gimbal head from John at oeccamera on Fleabay. oeccamera | eBay

I did get the 140mm macro rail as I wanted it to fit in my smaller camera bag, but there are a few other sizes available.

One of the reasons I haven't really talked about prices and brands in this tread is because its more about the options for a acra dovetail compatable system, I'm not saying any brand is beter than another or recommending anyone buy the same products as I decided to, people should make up their own minds on what brand they wish to spend their moneies on. I can say that I am happy with the products I have bought.

cmohr
04-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
On the meantime i found some sellers on EU (ebay and amazon).
I don't known if they are reliable but, at least, differently from Photoclam products, is present even inside Europe.

Last edited by alexfoto; 03-26-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Rechecking the previous link seem i was wrong so i remove it.
03-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really appreciate this thread cmohr, because when you first put it up I thought the gear was cool but I didn't quite get it.
I can say that now I am a convert, and it finally makes sense to me.
I've switched to all Arca Swiss compatible gear and just picked up a dmp140 myself from oeccamera.
i ended up with a setup almost just like yours. Thanks.

03-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
No worries, I looked at many different options for a long time before I started setting up all this. I have actually added a Small tripod into the mix, A SILK Mini Sprint II, I can put any of the tripod heads on it, Its strong, has three stage positioning for the legs, and a removable extension on the centre column, so as when you have the legs all out on their widest extension, it almost sits flat on the ground. I'll post up some pics sometime.
03-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Wow, now that's what I call comprehensive system, your ready now to take on all comers.

Just get out there now and get all this great kit working for you.
03-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here's a couple of pics of the new Small tripod, great for macro work, and I also use it for the Sigma 300/2.8 as well.

03-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
The FA*300 would be a bit heavier than the 50-135 I have on there, but these plates and screws are pretty strong and can more than cope with those weights. I find it very steady and no flexing whatsoever, I really makes a difference when using the monopod, as when the monopod was just on the camera body moving up and down felt very unnatural, and it was very wobble prone left to right, with the macro rail moving the pivot point forward the up / down movement was very natural, and the left / right wobble was gone.

I did get a tripod collar that I had on my Tamron 2x TC, and I have read that people have put the same collar on their FA*300's , I got it on ebay, was one to suit canon 70-200. I had it on my TC as I said, so when I was using my FA*200 with the TC it was way too long and very unbalanced , but when I had the FA200, 2xTC on the camera, with the tripod collar on the TC I worked a treat.
The collar I got was described as for a canon EF 200mm/2.8, more pertinently 66mm ID. Seller uk-ishoot ebay #121037793486 TIP: to fine tune the fit on the 01F tamron TC take off the rubber grip and add a little packing under eg tape replace the grip.

11-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
G'Day Everybodies, there has been a few threads lately about which kind of tripod head to get, I have put this thread together to show my Tripod System, and why I have gone the way I have.
Unfortunately all your pictures are gone...
11-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Yes, unfortunately they are gone. I would not pay the Photobucket Ransom.

I am in the midst of reloading some of my pictures to a new host.

cmohr
11-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #26
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
The thread was started 5 years ago, so sadly photos do disappear from some posts.