Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #1

Trouble with Asahi Slide Holder 1x

Recently, I got a "Asahi Pentax Slide Holder 1x K" along with some other gear and decided now to try it out.

To prevent misunderstandings: I know how to use and attach this to a reverse mounted 50mm normal prime and I have downloaded the (low quality) manual scans from Pentax's website. Secondly, it is NOT the "Asahi Pentax Slide Holder K" which has a helicoid to control magnification.

My problem is: my copy came in several pieces and I still do not know how to assemble it or whether it has been tampered with and is now defunct. Furthermore, my copy has a grey tube that slides onto the black tube with the K bayonet to take the reversed lens. This gray tube I haven't seen on any picture or in any manual and maybe it is part if the solution. All four separate parts have the same tube diameter but no obvious way to get connected to each other. If I place the pieces in the right order on top of each other and leave the gray tube away, I can make everything look like the item is pictured in the PF database or in catalogues, but of course it falls apart immidiately when touching it...

Before I post pics of that a very simple question:

Is the original "Asahi Pentax Slide Holder 1x" supposed to be a one tube-like item that can't be disassembled and is not put togehter from separate tube segments? That's the impression I get through the item pictures and the description of use in the manuals. But maybe someone has other experiences here.

Any help here is highly appreciated!

Vranx

02-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I remember last month there was a slide copier offered on german eBay which could have been the item you are describing. The picture showed several tube parts, one of which was grey, the others black. The grey one looked bigger in diameter (and longer, too) than the others. I just tried to find it in the database, but eBay has already deleted it. You have not bought it from a german seller, have you?
02-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, that's the one I've scored... I saved the pictures and can post or e-mail them, but still I would love to know whether the original is supposed to be one piece, not segments.