Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Hi,

QuoteOriginally posted by canajuneh Quote
WoooHooo - today I got a right angle viewer for my K20 and K5. I had to hand over more money than they were asking online for the Seagull though. A few small coins change from $150. It included four useless to me adapters for other camera brands as a 'bonus' I guess.

It fits - it works! I can see camera info at the bottom of the viewfinder - aperture, shutter speed etc.

Hoodman Right Angle Viewer + Hoodman Pentax adapter.
That is pricey. How good/tight is the fit to the camera ?

4 years ago I bought an Opteka 1x/2x right angle viewfinder. The optics are not bad. Just checked my receipt and it was $72 delivered then, looks like $39.95 nowadays.

It comes with adapters for several cameras. I tried it for the first time with my Canon Rebel T3i last night.
I was surprised to find that it fit very tightly.

On my former K200D and now K-r, there is lots of play using the provided Pentax/Samsung adapter for the right angle viewfinder.
Now that I have seen how tightly it is supposed to fit (as on the Canon) I wonder where to get a better one without spending a fortune ...