Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #1

Can't get extension tube off of lens

Hey, I've googled around, but can't seem to figure this out. I stuck an extension tube on my SMC Pentax A 50mm lens and I can't figure out how to now take that piece off. I believe the piece is called a reverse mount. It looks like the one in the picture. I tried loosening the screw all the way and twisting counter-clockwise, but it wasn't budging. http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_12457_4.jpg

02-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try looking in the instructions manual? Also, sometimes these things can get stuck, just be careful when un-screwing that you aren't squeezing it (which makes it more oval than circular). Also, try to remove it in conditions similar to the ones when you put it on (some filters can get sucked onto the lens because of temperature differences, but I don't know about extension tubes). You can also try putting it on top of a working clothes washing machine - its vibrations might shake it loose (of course, it shouldn't shake the camera TOO much).
If all else fails you can take it to the camera store and the camera dealer can take it off. That way, if they break it, they owe you a new one.
02-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #3

I have a set that looks similar to the one you have shown. Push/slide the silver coloured screw in the opposite direction (away from) to the lens and it should release.

Regards
02-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
AKR

Original Poster
Oh nice! That worked, bluenose. Thanks, both of you.