Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Aputure TrigMaster compatibility as wireless shutter release

Hi all,

I'm looking for a flash trigger that can be also used as a wireless shutter release.
After doing some searches on eBay, I've found the Aputure Trigmaster.
But there are 3 versions:

1) TrigMaster MX1C,
2) TrigMaster II MX1C,
3) TrirgMaster Plus TX1C.

I know the Trigmaster Plus is fully compatible with K5 ( Aputure Limited - Aputure TrigMaster Versatile Trigger for Strobe Speedlight and Camera ),
but I'd like to know if TrigMaster II (that seems to be an impovement of Trigmaster) is also compatible with K5.
According to Aputure it is not (Aputure Limited - Aputure TrigMaster Versatile Trigger for Strobe Speedlight and Camera) but
some web , sell as compatible.

so, has anyone tested the TrigMaster II as shutter release? I'd like this one beacuse it is quite cheaper than "plus" one.

Thanks.

03-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you also considered the Cactus V5? They work great as a wireless shutter release with both my K-7 and K10D. You need though a new cable with stereo 3.5mm plug on one end for the trigger and a smaller stereo plug for the camera (few $ on ebay).
03-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the MX1C (the first ones), a total of 4 receivers and one transmitter and love them. The "MX1C Updated Version II" shows the same exact compatibility as the MX1C (first version) less the "K7,K20D" as noted on the package. The way the shutter release works is with the supplied cable, they are probably not supplying the correct cable with the "Version II".

As a side note, these things are really impressive (and mine is the older version). I have fired flashes well over 100' and around corners with no issues.
03-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you demp10 and joe.pern for your answers.

09-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Forum Member

Hi

I am looking at the TX1C because it looks so bulky and shiny with articulated antennae and makes me look pro by association : )

No but seriously, it looks nice and I want it. But I have to know it works or at least if it malfunctions in a fixable way....

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
less the "K7,K20D" as noted on the package
does that mean the package states it does not work with these cameras?

I have the MX1C and it would not sync fully above 1/80 on my K200D - So maybe as my K200 is the little brother it falls under the same incompatibility.

I have been mailing with Aputure some, and have some answers just not explicitely explaining the issues...

So I measured the voltage on the pins on the K200D hot shoe and found the digital communication pin to be active on half press.

I moved the blue "wake" wire in the transmitter MX1C from the "ready" pin to the "digital" pin and now the transmitter can tell the receiver to get ready and now it syncs all the time as long as I give it fair warning by half pressing before taking a picture

thank you again "Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page"