Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use lowepro bags, and at present have 3 backpacks, one shoulder bag and one pelican case with lowepro dividers.

The shoulder bag, while it might hold 2bodies with short lenses, would not hold even one body with a 70-200/2.8 attached

Of the backpacks, I have a micro trekker, a computrekker and one huge phototrekker the micro trekker can easily hold 2 bodies with short lenses (k7 with 10-20 and k5 with 28-75) or one body with my 70-200 attached and the other body and lenses separate, the computrekker can hold one body with the 70-200 plus a 2x TC attached and the other body with a short zoom, plus my K300/4 and a few other goodies. The photo trekker is big enough I think to hold one body with my 200-500/5.6 attached and the other with the 70-200/2.8 and 2x TC attached plus a ton of other stuff.

The quality of the packs is top notch, but check carefully on the straps and arrangements. While you can put all this stuff in the bags, only the photo trekker has a harness adequate to properly be adjusted to fit your torso. The others have no ability to locate the pack properly, so you either have the hip belt over your stomach, and the chest and should straps correct, or the hip belt correct, and the chest strap around your neck. Maybe they work I'd you are under 5 feet tall, bunt they don't for me and I am only 5'8". So yes they can hold your stuff, but can't comfortably pack it for long times. The photo trekker I can load up and hike with, even at maximum of what I can pack into it, because the harness fits so well (I did spend a few minutes setting this up, but it is well worth it)

Access is lslip off the shoulders, and open one zipper to all the gear, abut as good as it gets