Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax zoom eye piece

Here in Canada, Prodigital offers excellent deals and I just found out that they offer a: SMC Pentax XF 6.5-19.5mm Zoom Eyepiece 1.25" for $280CAN. What is that eyepiece?
I have used Katseyes focusing screens because Pentax doesn't offer any of its own, so is this a worthwhile focusing gizmo (I have glasses...)?
I can't find any information on this eyepiece elsewhere and someone out there may know more on this?
Thanks

03-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
Here in Canada, Prodigital offers excellent deals and I just found out that they offer a: SMC Pentax XF 6.5-19.5mm Zoom Eyepiece 1.25" for $280CAN. What is that eyepiece?
I have used Katseyes focusing screens because Pentax doesn't offer any of its own, so is this a worthwhile focusing gizmo (I have glasses...)?
I can't find any information on this eyepiece elsewhere and someone out there may know more on this?
Thanks
It's for a telescope or spotting scope.

Pentax 6.5mm - 19.5mm XF Series 1.25" Zoom Eyepiece
  • The Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece features a focal-length range of 6.5mm to 19.5mm.
  • Provides high-to-medium power zoom for planets, star clusters, planetary nebulae, and more.
  • The apparent field of view of the Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece varies from 60º to 42º as you zoom.
  • Provides a very adequate eye relief of 11mm to 15mm.
  • The Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece also offers a user-friendly rubber eyepiece ring to minimize the risk of scratching the observer's eyeglasses.
The Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece features a focal-length range of 6.5mm to 19.5mm, with an apparent field of view of 42 to 60 degrees and an eye relief of 11mm to 15mm. It also offers a user-friendly rubber eyepiece ring to minimize the risk of scratching the observers eyeglasses.

Compatible with the following: PF-65 and PF-65 ED II series spotting scopes, PF-80 series spotting scopes, PF-100 series spotting scopes. Pentax 6.5mm - 19.5mm XF Series 1.25" Zoom Eyepiece Features...
  • Designed for use with Pentax PF 65 Series Spotting Scopes, provides 20x-60x magnification when used with them. May also be used on other PENTAX PF Series spotting scopes (except PF-63 Spotting Scope)
  • 42-60 degree apparent field of view
  • Rubber eyepiece ring designed for viewing comfort
  • Also recommended for use with astronomical telescopes with 1 ¼” focuser
  • Pentax SMC full-surface multi-layer coated optics reduce glare while providing maximum light transmission and color quality
  • High-refraction, low dispersion lanthanum glass to provide high resolution images with minimal aberrations
  • Advanced computer simulation design technology to reduce internal reflections, producing brighter, clearer images.
  • Weatherproof construction for greater durability.
03-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
Thanks
I think this is it here: Pentax SMC XF 6.5-19.5mm Zoom Eyepiece (1.25") 70530 B&H

JP
03-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
It's for a telescope or spotting scope.

• The Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece features a focal-length range of 6.5mm to 19.5mm.
  • Provides high-to-medium power zoom for planets, star clusters, planetary nebulae, and more.
  • The apparent field of view of the Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece varies from 60º to 42º as you zoom.
  • Provides a very adequate eye relief of 11mm to 15mm.
  • The Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece also offers a user-friendly rubber eyepiece ring to minimize the risk of scratching the observer's eyeglasses.
The Pentax XF Zoom Eyepiece features a focal-length range of 6.5mm to 19.5mm, with an apparent field of view of 42 to 60 degrees and an eye relief of 11mm to 15mm. It also offers a user-friendly rubber eyepiece ring to minimize the risk of scratching the observers eyeglasses.

Compatible with the following: PF-65 and PF-65 ED II series spotting scopes, PF-80 series spotting scopes, PF-100 series spotting scopes. Pentax 6.5mm - 19.5mm XF Series 1.25" Zoom Eyepiece Features...
  • Designed for use with Pentax PF 65 Series Spotting Scopes, provides 20x-60x magnification when used with them. May also be used on other PENTAX PF Series spotting scopes (except PF-63 Spotting Scope)
  • 42-60 degree apparent field of view
  • Rubber eyepiece ring designed for viewing comfort
  • Also recommended for use with astronomical telescopes with 1 ¼” focuser
  • Pentax SMC full-surface multi-layer coated optics reduce glare while providing maximum light transmission and color quality
  • High-refraction, low dispersion lanthanum glass to provide high resolution images with minimal aberrations
  • Advanced computer simulation design technology to reduce internal reflections, producing brighter, clearer images.
  • Weatherproof construction for greater durability.
You just beat it from me by a few seconds !

JP

03-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
You just beat it from me by a few seconds !

JP
Sorry?
03-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sorry?
No problem !! I should have added a to my post !

Cheers!

JP
03-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I guess I was mistaken thinking it was a camera eyepiece! But discovered another side of Pentax along the way...

03-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
Banned

Here is a photo of my Pentax 8-24mm XL eyepiece:

http://www.scopecity.com/search.cfm?SearchKeyword=230-10060&pn=Pentax%20XL%2...24%20mm%20Zoom

Here are two photos of the Pentax 60mm XL eyepiece that sells for $3,900: