Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Missing pin generic K mount extension tubes

A set of generic K mount extension tubes I've got is missing the pin that is used to hold down the lens. If anyone has a similar set and a micrometer, can you tell me what sized screw pin I need and/or send me an image of what you've got on your set? Also, does the pin go through the hole in the side and out the hole in the top, or does it just go in straight across from the hole in the side?

Thanks,
Marc

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
03-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Oh bugger. I just checked the piece I brought with me, unscrewed the locking pin, and now it won't screw back in. Good thing I have extras of that piece... 1000 miles away. Anyway, even if I could find the specs for the screw -- it's about 1mm thick and the thread is only about 1.5mm long -- it can't really be re-inserted. So we're both S.O.L. and the best move is probably just to spend US$6 for another macro set.
03-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Oh bugger is right. I don't know what else to say, but I do appreciate your efforts. So far I've been using it without the pin and a very careful grip on my lens, but it is a real pain to change aperture.

Can you tell me how it was inserted?
03-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Can you tell me how it was inserted?
Yeah, it fit into the hole on the side of the mount piece. Then I unscrewed it and couldn't find any way to re-insert it, with the thread grabbing something. The screw|pin obviously engaged some bit of the thin metal sheaves inside, but I don't know which.

Maybe in my copious free time tomorrow (I'm worn out from today's distant endeavors) I'll poke around in there with some sharp blades and pins. Or maybe not. I really only brought this with me on this trip so that if I find a pawnshop lens with some weird bayonet, I can see if it's amenable to modding for PK mount. Yeah, that could happen.