Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #1

Sanho HDCS-80 80GB Hyperdrive Color Space Portable Drive

Anyone using one of the Hyperdrives? They seem like a really good option with allegedly great battery life. I'm heading for a two week trip to Morocco next month and I'd just as soon not take my MacBook because we're moving almost daily. (Also I'm paranoid about losing it with my entire life on it even if it is encrypted). I like the ones with the screen because you can see to edit a bit and confirm downloads.

01-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the b&w one, 120Gig. They advertised the exact same battery life with the B&W version. It leads me to believe their statement of backing-up 100G per charge with the Color unit can only be achieved if the owner doesn't use any of the color image viewing or browsing features... Just plug the mem card in and backup, then shut-down.

All supposition, based on my experience with my B&W unit. Hoping to hear the facts from someone who owns it myself.
01-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought a Sans Digital data bank enclosure (~60 cdn) and put a HD into it. No photo display, just back up.

I got it about 6 weeks ago, charged it up, formatted the drive (FAT 32 was required) tested it out a couple of times, with only a few images and just let it sit.

I used it yesterday to back up 2-3 different 1GB cards (full cards), and it still had life left (even knowing that generally with electronics the batteries go flat just from sitting because the things never truely power down)

I was pleased to say the least.

For image view, I took a different approach. I have avoided taking my laptop on hilidays because I have my PDA. (Dell Axim X50)

I bought a usb host card for the axim, and can view my photos on the PDA screne if I want. works fine for my uses.

I can view photos on the PDA's 4 inch screne, chheck the files and size to insure back up was successful, etc.
01-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #4

Sanho Hyperdrive Colorspace

QuoteOriginally posted by cottonM Quote
Anyone using one of the Hyperdrives? They seem like a really good option with allegedly great battery life. I'm heading for a two week trip to Morocco next month and I'd just as soon not take my MacBook because we're moving almost daily. (Also I'm paranoid about losing it with my entire life on it even if it is encrypted). I like the ones with the screen because you can see to edit a bit and confirm downloads.
CottonM - I am in the same situation, so if you happen to purchase the Hyperdrive, please write a review when you get the opportunity. My parents have a Wolverine and I can use it, but it doesn't have the ability to view the photos in the field.

Thanks, and enjoy Morocco!