Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Ed in GA

Pentax Sling Bag

Arrived yesterday. Very nice "little" bag. Somewhat smaller that I had thought it would be.

Negatives:

Looks like it will allow me to carry just enough equipment to make up a basic kit.

Positives:

Looks like it will allow me to carry just enough equipment to make up a basic kit.

I've been hauling way too much stuff around. This bag will force me to make reductions. Of course, it will take me a few days yet to figure out what I can really put in it without it being too much or not having what I need.

Ed

01-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let us see a snap of what you can fit into the bag. It looks interesting for some of the "straight-up-hikes" we do here. I am finding the LowePro with everything in it a bit heavy sometimes. Well, always, but I put up with it.
01-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Let us see a snap of what you can fit into the bag. It looks interesting for some of the "straight-up-hikes" we do here. I am finding the LowePro with everything in it a bit heavy sometimes. Well, always, but I put up with it.
I'm still working on getting my things organized in it. I'll put up some photos as soon as I do.

Meanwhile, here is a link to some photos that appeared on another forum.

I love this bag!!!: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
02-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Have you had a chance to put some photos up. That link is the only ones I have seen with equipment in one.

I want to see if a 50-200mm zoom will fit.

02-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That does look like a great bag, but with that big logo on it, I would be hesitant to get it as it screams "THERE IS AN EXPENSIVE CAMERA IN HERE! PLEASE STEAL ME"

I know that a 'pro' thief knows what all the camera bags look like, but a teenager looking for a thrill and a little extra cash doesn't.
02-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lapeen Quote
That does look like a great bag, but with that big logo on it, I would be hesitant to get it as it screams "THERE IS AN EXPENSIVE CAMERA IN HERE! PLEASE STEAL ME"

I know that a 'pro' thief knows what all the camera bags look like, but a teenager looking for a thrill and a little extra cash doesn't.
A teenager looking for a thrill probably has never heard of Pentax. :/
02-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
Inactive Account

got one for a couple of months now.

got the sling bag to. here is what it fits,
top pocket = 540 and some small stuff (cable, lens cleaner, etc)
mid pocket = k10+grip, charger,DA50-200 attached, 35/2
lower pocket = F50/1.7, DA18-55, DA10-17FE

will so a snap tomorrow.

02-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BOZZ Savage Quote
A teenager looking for a thrill probably has never heard of Pentax. :/
Agree!! lol I was thinking the same thing

In reality though if your shaken down by a teenager and dont beat his behind than he better have a gun or a good knife.
My policy is Camera = hammer in the event you try to take it from me... Id rather beat (and break) the f'er with the stuff than let them have it.
Now unless your talking about a stealthy grab-n-go when you sit it down... but w/ the sling bag you dont need too.

ps. I think im getting one soon so I will let you know my comments on the build etc
02-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #9

I am relying on these posts and ordered one. Buy.com had it for the cheapest price I could find ($40.99 + free shipping). Then I googled a coupon for another 5% off. $38.94 shipped!