Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Praise for Calumet Photographic

Disclaimer, I do not work for or have any financial claim or interest in this store, just posted FYI

Recently down in Edinburgh, needed to get for immediate use a Peli 1510 case, did the usual visit to Jessops World Camera Centre at Shandwick Place, nothing doing as not a stocked product range any more (I don't know why I keep going there, they never have what I want ). However, did see both a KR and K5 on display, so a couple of points gained there.

From outside Jessops phoned Calumet Photographic, spoke to gentleman who went away checked, in stock with the internal dividers (not "Pick 'N Pluck" foam) as I wanted. It was put to one side for me to collect when I got to the shop, a 20 minute walk away in Leith area of Edinburgh.

Good service and good price, isn't this the way it should be, hence a little a praise for Calumet Photographic, maybe give them a try next time your in Edinburgh.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 04-12-2012 at 03:21 AM.
04-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't realise they were in so many countries. Pentax should be targeting them as a dealer. they already carry the Sigma, Metz and Tamron Pentax stuff on the web store.
04-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #3

Think they must have been a dealer at one time as I bought my 12-24mm from them (online)
04-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I used to go to their Chicago store (in a sketchy industrial area) and just be amazed at how expensive everything was for what looked like a warehouse store, but this was back in the 80's when their focus was large-format. On a recent trip I stopped back in, and lo and behold they have transformed into a decent, general-purpose camera store. Not much Pentax stuff, as Eddie notes, but a wide range of quality gear and decent prices...