Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Maybe tomorrow. I'm tired now. And as I just got it today and haven't really used it, I can't comment on usage. But member "Blue" says he has one maybe he can comment on the usage part.
No rush, whenever suits you best will be fine. I am trying to get a feel for this backpack because it seems to be well designed and is very affordable. In fact, if you wish to try out your backpack before commenting on it's practical usage, that will be fine as well.

05-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Probably be a couple of days before I actually use it. This is memorial day weekend and people will be out in full force. Probably no room to park at my usual photography places.
05-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #33
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
No rush, whenever suits you best will be fine. I am trying to get a feel for this backpack because it seems to be well designed and is very affordable. In fact, if you wish to try out your backpack before commenting on it's practical usage, that will be fine as well.
I am going to the Dominican Republic on Sunday. I will try to take some pics of it in use during the trip. It will likely be after Jun 3rd before I will likely post anything. I never use the compartment you are referring to above for lenses. I usually stick a net book and power supply in there. My DA 300 either off or on a body fits in the main compartment. It will also hold the body with an A 400/5.6 mounted. (not both at the same time).
05-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I am going to the Dominican Republic on Sunday. I will try to take some pics of it in use during the trip. It will likely be after Jun 3rd before I will likely post anything. I never use the compartment you are referring to above for lenses. I usually stick a net book and power supply in there. My DA 300 either off or on a body fits in the main compartment. It will also hold the body with an A 400/5.6 mounted. (not both at the same time).
Thanks Blue, this backpack sounds really promising in terms of what it can carry. I will look forward to your posts on the backpack's usage.

05-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #35
Site Supporter

Thanks Blue, this backpack sounds really promising in terms of what it can carry. I will look forward to your posts on the backpack's usage.
I used it for a 3 week trip to South Africa last year.
05-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I used it for a 3 week trip to South Africa last year.
Great, how much equipment were you packing around in the backpack and did this trip involve hiking for extended periods of time while wearing the pack? How about ergonomics like was the cushioning on the back adequate - my Daypack has minimal amount of foam cushion and I can sometimes feel large lenses pressing against my back. Are the shoulder straps comfortable - distribute the weight evenly or anything else that you can think of that's either positive or negative about this backpack would be helpful.

Thanks,
05-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #37
Site Supporter

Great, how much equipment were you packing around in the backpack and did this trip involve hiking for extended periods of time while wearing the pack? How about ergonomics like was the cushioning on the back adequate - my Daypack has minimal amount of foam cushion and I can sometimes feel large lenses pressing against my back. Are the shoulder straps comfortable - distribute the weight evenly or anything else that you can think of that's either positive or negative about this backpack would be helpful.

Thanks,
D20d, *istD spare batteries
DA* 300
Sigma 105 EX DG
FA 77 ltd
FA 50/1.4
DA 35 LTD
DA 21 LTD
DA 40 LTD
Kenk0 25mm af tube
Metz 48 flash
Toshiba Netbook (left in the room as often as possible)

It was relatively heavy and about as comfortable as a heavy pack is going to be.

06-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've only found one problem with this backpack....too many pockets. I put things in certain pockets, but can't remember which pocket I put those things in....I like this backpack, and thanks Blue for suggesting it.
06-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Backpacks might make sense for hauling gear but they are a real PITA to work from.

IMO except when packing in to a remote location for an extended period
one should never bring more gear than will fit in a good shoulder bag.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 06-07-2012 at 03:50 PM.
06-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
will fit in a good shoulder bag
I had a shoulder bag and it made my shoulders hurt. I am not young anymore and I don't weigh much, and I have thin shoulders...I wanted something I could put on my back to help carry the weight better. The backpack was the right choice for me.
10-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #41
Site Supporter

someone else with Pentax gear using the Canon backpack.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/200693-af...ml#post2128434
10-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I had a shoulder bag and it made my shoulders hurt. I am not young anymore and I don't weigh much, and I have thin shoulders...I wanted something I could put on my back to help carry the weight better. The backpack was the right choice for me.
When I use a shoulder bag, it is over my head and across my chest and back. This distributes the load better. How are you carrying your bag