Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #16

I just got a rapid strap and used it all weekend hiked 30km its worth every penny.

04-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

My (or rather, OpTech's) solution...

04-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have also used the Optech solution (k10d) and more recently I was given a Crumpler Industry Disgrace for my K5. They are both fairly equal. The Optech one is nice because it is more affordable and it has quick-release tabs (if you like that option). The Crumpler looks a bit nicer, seems a bit better contoured, and it doesn't have quick release. It also costs about 50% more than Optech's options. Both are very comfortable.
04-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
wjt
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have the crumpler, it is a comfortable strap. Length is a personal preference, I like mine long so I can wear it around my neck or across one shoulder.

04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
Veteran Member

The reason I went with the optech over the crumpler is being able to swap out the neck strap for a wrist strap (or for nothing at all).
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
Forum Member

I have a handmade one I bought off eBay. It is about 2" wide, thicker than the Pentax strap so it doesn't want to fold up and pull at the back of my neck, and the weight is distributed better. Plus, it is decorated with a strip of cloth or ribbon showing billiard balls that I found so delightfully wacky I had to buy it.
04-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Optech USA

I use Optech for six years already (bought it in 2006) and I like it very much. It is way more comfortable than Pentax straps.

05-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I use the MATIN Vintage-20 leather straps on my Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X100 cameras and find them quite good; they're a lot more comfortable than the stock straps that came with the cameras (and more comfortable than the stock Pentax K-5/K-7 straps), and they also look and feel quite nice. I did find the strap to be a little bit long, so cut off a bit of the end fabric part, and then sealed the frayed end with flame of a cigarette lighter.

However, for my dSLRs I personally use Matin neoprene straps, and I would recommend getting some sort of neoprene type strap for a dSLR camera, which tend to be heavier and bulkier.
05-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #24

Have a look at UPstrap

They are at Camera Strap Professional Non Slip Camera Straps - UPstrap.
The strap comes in various models and has a non-slip shoulder pad, only this time when they SAY no-slip they MEAN no-slip.
You can hang your camera over your shoulder (not your neck) and it will stay there no matter what shirt of jacket you happen to be wearing.
I've been using one for years and it's as good as new. If it's important: It doesn't come with the Pentax logo
Hope this helps.
05-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #25

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Good evening,

Thank you all for your posts. Based on your posts, I' ve came to the conclusion that I will buy the Matin Vintage 30 Strap, and the
LowerPro Speedster camera strap, recommended by JimJohnson. The main reason for the last one, is that there are shops in my country selling it (the LowerPro) . I would buy the OpTech/Usa strap, but unfortunately I can' t take two chances with the online ordering from abroad (aside the Matin strap) .

Have a great day, and thank you all again- you' ve all been very helpful in my decision process!