Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perfect travel case for DSLR & accessories

I think I've finally found the solution for a "grab and go" travel case for my K-5 and its various lenses and accessories. This is when I want to grab ALL my related stuff, throw it in the trunk of the car, and be off to wherever I want to go. Basically, this is a Plano (formerly Doskocil) briefcase-style case designed to carry four handguns; it's available at many gun and sporting goods stores. New, it runs about $75, although I've gotten similar ones for as low as $10 (used) at flea markets on occasions. Here's a web site that features this particular case:

Plano Gun Guard Deluxe 4 Gun Handgun & Pistol Case

I've found that I can customize the interior by cutting out the foam to hold the camera, lenses and devices securely. The foam under the lid can be removed and replaced to pack instruction books, filters, and other flat objects under it. When closed, it looks for all the world like just a standard briefcase, so it's not a particular theft target. I will also usually pack a small camera bag so I can tote the camera, extra batteries and memory cards conveniently, leaving the case at the hotel or in the trunk of the car.

I really don't have to round up all my gear when headed out quickly, just grab this case and I have everything ready to go when I need it.

Here's a pic of the interior of the case as I've set it up - it's adaptable to almost anything.

Thought you might like to see this handy case and how it can be set up.

John

Last edited by PALADIN85020; 05-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.
05-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, John. This is very helpful.
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, nice case for storage! Maybe I'll get the same and something dehydrating. As of now things a scattered around as I can't things where I want them, besides the aquariums, because of humidity. It doesn't bother me but the rest of the family don't like it as much.
05-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Forum Member

Nice set-up!