Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #31

Photos: Albums
OK, thanks for the correction from the Aussies about the Crumpler bags.

05-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Clik Elite has some nice looking shoulder bags.
05-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #33
Veteran Member

The Crumpler bags are good but they're now so well used/seen that they scream 'CAMERA'... I have 2 that I barely use now...

My current bag says 'billingham basics'. It's a fake... Black and looks like a cheap canvas tool-bag...

If I had the cash right now I'd go for a 'Domke F2' nowhere near the padding of the crumpler but not sure I need all that padding anyway...
05-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Have a look at the Billingham range. They are smart, extremely well made and probably outlive most of your camera gear. My oldest Billinghams have seen more than 20 years heavy use. Another advantage is, that they are extremely water proven and do not need an additional raincover.
Billingham Camera Bags | Professional Photographic Products

Alternatively I use Lowepro bags, as they are quite robust as well, if you don't go for the cheapest models. I personally find Crumpler bags nicely made, but nor realy the kind of workhorse I need and most other cheap makes wouldn't survive long enough for my liking. I do not want to buy a replacement every other year, even it is was cheap. It runs against the rule to not produce avoidable waste.

Ben