Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

K/AR to K mount adapter

I'm looking for an adapter to enable a K/AR mount lens to be used on a Pentax digital SLR body. Does such a gadget exist?

05-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check for the "RIcoh pin". If it's not there, then you can probably use the lens without an adapter.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The mounts are the same, however do not mount the lens, since the Ricoh lens has an additional pin that will get stuck in the screw drive of the camera, there by making the lens nearly impossible to remove - use a feeler gauge. Here is the fix....

05-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Konica K/AR mount or just a Pentax-Ricoh KA/R mount? If Konica mount, then I believe the Konica mount has a shorter registration distance, making such a gadget impossible. So any possibility of using it on a Pentax would involving hacking the lens itself somehow. For a Pentax KA/R mount, you don't need an adapter...

05-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #5

Original Poster
It is Konica K/AR so I guess the answer is no. Thanks to all for the input.
05-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stupot1 Quote
It is Konica K/AR so I guess the answer is no.
Correct. Konica mounts can be used on m4/3, NX, NEX, N1, Q etc, but not readily on APS dSLRs.

Last edited by RioRico; 05-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.
05-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Might I correct this - They *can* be used on DSLR, but they'll either lose infinity focus, or they'll require optical correction. You can order pro grade adapters through camera shops, though unless you have 5+ Konica lenses, I wouldn't waste the 150+USD

05-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So far I haven't seen such an adapter, so please point us to it with a link. Optical adapters for Nikon F/Minolta/Canon FD to K mount yes, but no Konica AR.

Typically AR lenses mount upside down on K cameras, but do not lock, and o course no infinity. I've made my own non-optical non-infinity adapter that I use for my AR macro lenses and bellows. That is worth the effort, and then infinity doesn't matter.
05-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

* yaml *

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
I've made my own non-optical non-infinity adapter that I use for my AR macro lenses and bellows. That is worth the effort, and then infinity doesn't matter.
Ah yes: Yet Another Macro Lens (YAML).

Q: How can I use XYZ on Pentax?
A: YAML, of course.

Q: What am I going to do with this thing?!?!?

Q: Why am I overflowing with lenses?

There is no end to this.
05-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Ah yes: Yet Another Macro Lens (YAML).

Q: How can I use XYZ on Pentax?

Q: What am I going to do with this thing?!?!?

Q: Why am I overflowing with lenses?

There is no end to this.
Well, my main reason to own most Konica lenses between 21 and 200mm is to use them on Konica film bodies. The macro apps on Pentax DLRS's is just a bonus...and my Konica bellows is fancier than any of my Pentax bellows.