Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Anyone know anything about a Davis & Sanford Centerball 38 ball head?

Hey all.

A few days ago on my birthday my wife gave me a store demo, like new Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod (which I think is AWESOME for the horizontal center column feature alone) and perched atop it is a Davis & Sanford Centerball 38 F ball head. It looks very much like the FLM Centerball 38 FPR, (different colored knobs, tho) and has the same features except the "power release system", which is a quick release mechanism. My Davis & Sanford version has a standard mount screw platform rather than a quick release.

Here's the FLM version.

And here's a photo of my Davis & Sanford version:

The "Centerball 38 F" logo on the Davis & Sanford is identical to the one on the FLM head, and they both say "Made In Germany" underneath. The Davis & Sanford sold for $200 new & the FLM is $246, but it has the quick release, and is newer.

Are these actually the same head under different brands, and more importantly, is it a good ball head? It seems to me to be rock-solid.

I don't know exactly what she spent on it, but I know it was under $140 for the whole works. Seems like a good deal.

Cheers,
Bobbo :-)

Last edited by GibbyTheMole; 06-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.