Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #1

Pentax K1000 Timed Shutter Release?

I Used to have a Shutter Release that screwed into the shutter release. It had a timer and worked great.
I got this used and don't remember who made it. It is now at the bottom of a lake along with my former K1000.
Anyone know where I can get one of these shutter releases?
Thanks

01-25-2008, 01:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe I know exactly what you're talking about, DodgeMan50. It was a mechnical wind-up shutter release timer that screwed into the mechnical shutter release socket on the camera. As they wound down, the knob turned and the mechanics inside pushed a small pin down to release the shutter (similar to a mechanical cable release). They were sold by a wide range of companies (Hoya, Hama, and others) and could easly be found in most camera stores just a couple of decades ago. Sadly, I haven't seen one of these in years and a search around the internet (even eBay) yielded no results. Sorry.

stewart
01-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DodgeMan50 Quote
I Used to have a Shutter Release that screwed into the shutter release. It had a timer and worked great.
I got this used and don't remember who made it. It is now at the bottom of a lake along with my former K1000.
Anyone know where I can get one of these shutter releases?
Thanks
Try some independent camera stores in your area. Otherwise, I have one that I may be willing to part with.