Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How many camera bags / packs do you own?
0 10.60%
1-2 3118.67%
3-4 6438.55%
5-6 4124.70%
7-8 127.23%
9-10 95.42%
11-12 31.81%
13-15 31.81%
16-20 10.60%
21+ 10.60%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I would only use them for storage, I never use them when i go out - that's what the bag is for lol, for storage anything i can seal with some dessicant in it will do to be honest

well my stuff gets thrown around somewhat and everthing is not always in the cam bag

07-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I have too many bags/backpacks, at least according to my wife....

Backpacks/Sling bags: Lowepro Micro Trekker 100, Kata R-103 GDC Rucksack, Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW, Lowepro Fastpack 350, Lowepro Fastpack 200, Tamrac Adventure 9, Crumpler Sinking Barge.

Shoulder bags: Crumper 5 Million Dollar Home, Crumper 6 Million Dollar Home, Think Tank Retrospective 20, LowePro NOVA 140 AW, +3 "no-name" large bags.

Smaller bags: Lowepro Toploader 75 AW, Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50 AW, Nikon 5523 Leather Case.

Uses most often: Crumpler Sinking Barge, Crumper 5 Million Dollar Home, Crumper 6 Million Dollar Home.
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Edit - from the looks of all the stuff you have to accommodate the ultimate bag is actually a travel trunk and a Sherpa
Unfortunately Henry's don't supply Sherpas although I'm sure they can supply travel trunks.

Actually, my system does work quite well for me, big bag in car going somewhere. Once there, some stuff transfers to small bag for walking around and looking and taking photos.
07-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Don't matter how you got em. Just don't count lens cases.

Hard camera cases like alum or hardside plastic OK to count.

Anything purpose built, dedicated camera equip carrier.
If that is the case the number jumps up a lot. Individual lens cases that use the sliplock feature to attach to LowePro cases each count??? The small cases for P&S cameras count? Oh no

07-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
I have too many bags/backpacks, at least according to my wife....

Backpacks/Sling bags: Lowepro Micro Trekker 100, Kata R-103 GDC Rucksack, Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW, Lowepro Fastpack 350, Lowepro Fastpack 200, Tamrac Adventure 9, Crumpler Sinking Barge.

Shoulder bags: Crumper 5 Million Dollar Home, Crumper 6 Million Dollar Home, Think Tank Retrospective 20, LowePro NOVA 140 AW, +3 "no-name" large bags.

Smaller bags: Lowepro Toploader 75 AW, Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50 AW, Nikon 5523 Leather Case.

Uses most often: Crumpler Sinking Barge, Crumper 5 Million Dollar Home, Crumper 6 Million Dollar Home.
I honestly hadn't looked too closely at the Crumpler 5-6 Million Dollar bags but any company that has bags in this color combination deserves my support "Black/Snot Green"!
07-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I can never keep up with the Pentaxians with my poll #'s. They always have some guys that are above my poll scale!
07-12-2012, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The guy with the zero.

Are you like me some days and i just grab a Kroger plastic bag, double it and throw some gear in?

07-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I have 10 if you include my carry all with DSLR insert and my holster, but most of them came with Goodwill stuff. I'm always finding old video cam bags and converting them into gear storage bags. I bought the holster and the carry all new, but I've never bought a traditional big gear bag new in my life. I pick them up for $5 at the thrifts, vacuum them out and use them. I'm careful about it. Nothing scroungy comes home but still I'm not paying $45 and up for a camera bag when I can get tons of them for nothing at Goodwill. I have far better things to spend my $$$ on.

man...there are them lips again!!
07-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
man...there are them lips again!!
You're one of those guys with a red lipstick fetish, aren't you, Slacker? ;P
07-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
Veteran Member

One small per usable camera.

Most commonly carried is a small insulated lunch thing which is obviously torn and strangely colored. Depending on the lenses it might carry as many as two off camera along with appropriate filters etc. A task bag. Camouflage.

Above that there are a few smallish things that hold more than one big lens.

I rely on Halliburtons for the bigger kits. Older is better in my opinion and I cut and hotglue bits of closed cell foam sleeping mats as dividers. The two reasons older is better are key locks and more solid clasps.
07-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I've ended up with 5 somehow with some accessory cases on top of that.

Domke F-5XC good for 1body + 3 primes + flash and other small bit & pieces. I use this one the most.

Kata DW493 waist pack good for hiking 1 body+ 18-135 and another lens (even fits a 55-300 unmounted)

Kata DR466i not really a fan of backpacks but this one is good for most of my stuff and my 13.3" notebook, really used only for plane trips when taking PC. Got this one really cheap in a stock clearance.

Kata DT213 torso pack. I dont really use this (i did plan to in a biking trip in the mountains - which hasn't happened yet for various reasons). Its deeper so it can fit longer lenses, I only have 1 physically long lens though.

(the 3 Kata bits can be joined together but you'd look like a right bell-end wearing it in public.)

Small shoulder bag - fits Body & 1 prime battery, cards. had this from and old "prosumer" P&S. I took this on a work trip to Johannesburg a couple of months ago. My contact picked me as an enthusiast, carrying only a DA35 to survey an entire factory plant. He was a Pentax shooter too!

Thinktank Skin 75 - this was meant for holding a DA300 but it actually is handy to hold an K-7 and small prime and maybe 1-2 other lens. I use it like a "change bag" hanging off a belt. Fits in my work bag easily. I'm going O/S for work for the next month or so, so this is all i'll be taking.

other handy items,

DAlimited lens case. - nice to hold lenses in a bigger bag but not so practical in the outdoors since it opens wide when you unzip it when the lenses just sitting in there. You have to stop and set it down somewhere to swap out lenses.

Tiffen filter pouch - this is really handy, has a velcro belt loop, is quite small very nicely padded and holds 4 filters.
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Just two dedicated bags- Crumpler 5 Million Dollar and Lowepro Slingshot AW102- The Crumpler doesnt get much use now I have the Lowepro.
I do have a spare generic backpack filled with foam bits and plastic bags with all my loose film cameras/digital cameras/cables in.
The handiest bag I have is an old shoulder Sony Discman bag which I wear to hold a couple of lenses when I am on walkabout with my camera. I should get a Pentax logo for it!
07-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I put down two but was only counting DSLR bags, not compact camera cases. One backpack, that doubles as a sling bag, and one small messenger style shoulder bag that I use the most. I love both of the bags I have but could probably go for more (at least one bigger and one smaller) if/when I have the money to swing it.
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
8-ish.
07-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #30

I have way too many bags.
A Tamrac 614 Pro, 2 Tamrac 787 backpacks, a Tenba medium carry bag, and several smaller bags.