Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How many camera bags / packs do you own?
0 10.60%
1-2 3118.67%
3-4 6438.55%
5-6 4124.70%
7-8 127.23%
9-10 95.42%
11-12 31.81%
13-15 31.81%
16-20 10.60%
21+ 10.60%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
IMO it is often harder to find the right camera bag than camera.
The number of bags owned by some posters here bears this out.

Chris
Agreed. the right bag really is dependant on what you are going to do.
my oldest bag I've been using since the mid 90's and it is still my go to official camera bag
The original Lowepro Orioan AW which they no longer make (there is a revised one) The camera bag has a detachable day pack on top. the bag itself will hold a couple of bodies and a few lenses (depending on the lens type/size.) it has a shoulder strap and a belt to relieve weight when carrying a lot - and of course the detachable day pack which turns it into a backpack
I have a lot od other bags that aren't broken in like this one so i tend to go back to it for comfort. It will be the bag i take to victoria this weekend because i can pack enough in the day pack that i won't need to take anything else with me for the flight, and will have room for the K7 and a few primes. If i push it i can squeeze the laptop in the day pack

07-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #47
Veteran Member

I'm down to 3 now. All Crumpler.
08-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Hm.... I have:

1. Crumpler 7 million dollars, 09 model;
2. Crumpler Sinking Barge, 09 model;
3. Timbuk2 The Snoop Camera Messenger Bag;
4. Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW;
5. Crumpler haven camera insert medium;

So far my favorite is #4 Lowepro, my most used bag for travel and hiking (but I think it can be improved in several areas).

I am looking at the Lowepro Passport Sling for its ability to fold and store for travel.
08-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #49
Veteran Member

I have 2 official camera bags. All others are given away, donated or sold .....
No bag is ever the right bag, it seems. I keep rearranging them.
My solution is cheap camera inserts from ebay to go with my daily kipling or other bag. Pop in the insert and be done.
I have a large carton box in which I keep the inserts, all with their inner dividers arranged in a different way for a different purpose ...
Very tidy and very cool. Easy to clean. And cheap. And relaxing. And I can machine wash my kipling bags ... try that with a Lowepro or Tamrac or Think Tank ... or Tenba ... or Kata...
And I can stuff the insert in a plastic bag and then place it in my other bag and have no worries about rain.
I feel much better without dedicated camera bag.

08-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #50
Forum Member

Two different Lowepro shoulder bags, plus an EXL Hakuba tripod bag.
08-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
2, a Lowepro Flipside 400AW and a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW. Nicely made good quality gear. Pull out cover great for inclement weather as well.
08-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I've got 5:

Lowepro Toploader Zoom 1
Jessops shoulder bag (my first one - about 15 years old)
2 Hakuba shoulder bags (medium and large)
1 Hakuba backpack

Really like Hakuba bags.

08-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Lost count of bags.
Mainly one per mount, the bigger the better.
Does shoe box and IKEA blue plastic bag count too?
08-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #54

Is 5 too many?

Main bag is my Dakine Mission Photo, big enough for 2 bodies and 4-5 lenses, pretty comfy to lug all day (even with a sigma 100-300 inside) and well padded. But not much room for anything else, sooo I just got a Dakine Sequence from Ebay.

Also have a Crumpler New Delhi 510 which I got as camera/laptop bag for work, and has ended up being just a very expensive laptop bag for work..sigh.

The there's the Crumpler Pretty Boy XL which is handy for K20 + 1 lens trips.

Finally for some reason I have the Kata chest pack thing which is really sturdy but uncomfortable to wear (and makes you look like you are wearing body armour, and gets very odd looks in the English Countryside).
08-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've got six, but I bought only half of them. The others came along with gear that I bought.

My main bag is this big Vanguard slingbag. Ideal when I want to take most of my gear. It's a very typical camerabag though and it almost says: "!!!EXPENSIVE CAMERA INSIDE!!!". That was beginning to bug me.

So recently I bought this small Kata shoulderbag that fits my K5+lens, plus two other lenses. It's the perfect bag for me. And it gets used a lot more. I would even say that I bring along my camera, just in case, much more often now.
08-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #56
Veteran Member

6 cameras and 7 bags. Since the cameras are diff sizes, I don't have a regular/fav. Depends on what I'm shooting that day
08-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #57
Veteran Member

16-20.....I seem to buy bagfulls of stuff from charity and junk shops, I've got bags for every occasion now !
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #58
Pentaxian

Why have lots?

Using my Lowepro Passport Sling for more than two years now and have had no need to anything else… perfect bag for me.

Best regards,
11-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
16-20.....I seem to buy bagfulls of stuff from charity and junk shops, I've got bags for every occasion now !
So you can mix and match with your other accessories?
11-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #60
Veteran Member

There are 8 camera bags in our house... 5 are mine...

My 8 year old has a small bag that fits his Pentax *istDS with FA35-80 attached with room for the FA80-200...

My Girlfriend has 2 bags for her Fuji HS10... One fit just the camera - The other fits the camera and a small flash (YN460)

I have a selection depending on how much stuff I want to haul about but none of them are perfect... My most used are: Crumpler muffintop 5500 (K5, 4 lenses - tightsqueeze) and a Fake billingham (K5, 6/7 lenses, 2 flashes and bits) not comfy to carry but ok for car use...
The crumpler is ok but would be better with half the amount of padding in it... Also, I think Crumpler bags 'now' scream 'CAMERA!!'

I'd like to get 3 perfect bags... I have none of these as yet...
1) Massive shoulder bag - To carry all my gear (excluding tripod/lightstands) with a decent strap - Thinking Domke F2 or larger...
2) The Landscape/Walking Rucksack - Must have tripod carring strap - Room for waterproof jacket/trousers and a big lunch as well as K5 - 2/3 lenses and bits - Not found one under £300 as yet (clik elite look promising but not cheap and no UK stockists)
3) A small city shoulder bag - discrete able to carry camera, 2/3 lenses and a flash - Again thinking Domke (I really like the look of them and as there aren't many in the UK don't attract attention)