Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How many camera bags / packs do you own?
0 10.60%
1-2 3118.67%
3-4 6438.55%
5-6 4124.70%
7-8 127.23%
9-10 95.42%
11-12 31.81%
13-15 31.81%
16-20 10.60%
21+ 10.60%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ddharriman Quote
Why have lots?

Using my Lowepro Passport Sling for more than two years now and have had no need to anything else… perfect bag for me.

Best regards,
well, it all depends what you all do with photography.
You can easily have more than one bag and really use em all. Shoulderbags are nice in city and all for quick acces. If you need to carry heavier stuff, a backpack is usefull. And then it depends on your need. I have three backpacks, a big one to be able to use with my 400mm lens attached to my camera. A smaller one when I do not have to lug around with the big lenses. and a small one for daily use (a dual compartment bag so I can also bring my lunch)

11-11-2012, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
well, it all depends what you all do with photography.
You can easily have more than one bag and really use em all. Shoulderbags are nice in city and all for quick acces. If you need to carry heavier stuff, a backpack is usefull. And then it depends on your need. I have three backpacks, a big one to be able to use with my 400mm lens attached to my camera. A smaller one when I do not have to lug around with the big lenses. and a small one for daily use (a dual compartment bag so I can also bring my lunch)
That is too true. None of my bags serves all purposes and I find (quite as Chris Platt wrote) the selection of the right camera bag for the job more tedious, than selecting cameras and lenses... But if I think about it I find a pattern of use:
  • daily use, rambling in the city or on shorter walks, when I don't want to be too limited in my choice of lenses: Kata 1-n-33 sling bag, which replaced the old LowePro 300 Slingshot or a LowePro Nova 4, which swallows much more, than one would expect
  • daily use in the city with only the basics: Billingham Hadley or a CCS holster bag
  • outdoor walks: Kata sling bag or LowePro Nova 4 + two lens cases attached to a CCS belt
  • shooting with larger lenses: LowePro 600 AW for carrying over longer distances + lens cases on the belt
  • formal shootings: LowePro Classified 250 or Billingham 550 shoulder bag, if less equipment needed, just the Billingham 335
  • formal shooting with loads (weddings) of things, including several flashes: large backpack as "base" LowePro Trekker Classic and Billingham 550 or Classified 250
  • outdoor, long walks or activities: usually a smaller holster bag (CCS or LowePro 75) combined with several lens and accessory cases on the CCS belt.

I am a big fan of Billingham and LowePro, though I lioke the Kata sling bag and also have a large Tamrac bagpack, which takes a lot of equipment + Macbook and still fits the airline carry-on luggage restrictions. I am still looking for even better suited bags, but they take up so much storage space...

Ben
11-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #63
Pentaxian

A Lowepro shoulder bag which is weatherproof (very useful) but small.
A fake crumpler shoulder bag I got in Vietnam which what I mostly use as it's very well made, has plenty of space & doesn't look much like a camera bag.
One of the cheap Amazon basics backpacks, which is suprisingly good and fits a load of stuff. I use this a lot because it fits DSLR gear and a couple of 35mm SLRs or the 645, with space for lenses, accessories, flash etc.
A Lowepro backpack which is superbly made, very robust and weatherproof.
11-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #64
Forum Member

to date, i have 4:
1) lowepro dryzone 200 (my carry all camera backpack) love it for it's protection and it's waterproof. meaning you can throw the bag in the ocean and the gears inside will stay dry. my biggest bag but it holds my 18-250, 17-70mm, 50mm 1,7, 18-55mm kit), 70-300, 135mm, 2 flashes, diffusers, battery charger, 2 extra packs, manuals and other misc stuff.
2) lowepro versapack 200- for hiking, running. you can carry your gripped camera, jacket, and other stuff.
3) lowepro classified 140 AW - if i jjust want to carry my gripped k10 with 17-70mm lens.
4) manfrotto unica VII messenger bag. if i need to carry a lens or 2 and a laptop this is my go to bag.

ordered the following online and waiting-
1) lowepro flipside - if i want to carry 1 or 2 lens and i like that the zipper is on your back. good for security.
2) lowepro toploader pro 70AW - if i want to carry just my camera with 1 lens.
3) lowepro inverse 200 - for hiking light. meaning just a lens or 2 and it's a waist bag too. helpful if you've got tired shoulder.

had the following but sold them.
1) kata 123 go 30 (didn't like this bag). it's big yet you can't fit a lot.
2) kata 3N1-30 (like the 123 go, it's big but can't fit a lot of stuff). didn't like this also.
3) c..non dg200 (too square for me and i don't like the c..non logo.
4) lowepro slingshot 100AW (my gears outgrew it's size). and just realized that i am not a sling bag type of guy.
5) Casecrown backpack
6) Clik elite Pro SLR chest pack. not the best holster kind of bag. shape is odd. didn't like it.
7) Clik elite magnesian 20. too small so i got the....
8) Clik elite magnesian 30. didn't like it too.
9) Clik elite medium slr chest bag. too small for my gripped k10.
10) Clik elite traveller. will work only if you have a regular SLR.

serious case of bagcoholic i guess.

Last edited by vmaniqui; 11-14-2012 at 12:26 AM.
11-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #65
Veteran Member

I went through the bag fetish some years back, but its now under control........... with only five in use at the moment.
11-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #66
Inactive Account

I own 2. One for the camera and other one for the lenses and equipment.
12-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #67
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vmaniqui Quote
to date, i have 4:
1) lowepro dryzone 200 (my carry all camera backpack) love it for it's protection and it's waterproof. meaning you can throw the bag in the ocean and the gears inside will stay dry. my biggest bag but it holds my 18-250, 17-70mm, 50mm 1,7, 18-55mm kit), 70-300, 135mm, 2 flashes, diffusers, battery charger, 2 extra packs, manuals and other misc stuff.
2) lowepro versapack 200- for hiking, running. you can carry your gripped camera, jacket, and other stuff.
3) lowepro classified 140 AW - if i jjust want to carry my gripped k10 with 17-70mm lens.
4) manfrotto unica VII messenger bag. if i need to carry a lens or 2 and a laptop this is my go to bag.

an update:
here's what i have currently:
1) Lowepro Dryzone 200
2) Lowepro Pro Runner 450AW
3) Lowepro Vertex 200
4) Lowepro Classified 140
5) Lowepro Inverse 100
6) Casecrown shoulder bag
7) Lowepro Fastpack 250

what i want is to add Lowepro Toploader Pro 70AW and just sell Classified 140, Casecrown and Inverse 100.

12-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe 10 or so at the moment...
When I buy old cameras, they usually come with bags and if they're dirty, torn, or smell like smoke, I throw them, but if they're fine, I keep them and give them away to friends who buy new cameras and need a bag.

But bags that I actually use, I have 3.
I big Tamrac that I keep all stuff in at home when I'm not using it, a Lowepro cross-body that holds one camera and about 2 medium lenses, and a small Tumi bag that holds my camera + DA 40 Limited.