Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

M42 Lenses With Teleconverter (Rear Converter)

I was just wondering if there are any technical issues or problems with using an M42 lens on a K-Mount teleconverter with an M42 adapter, in other words the combination would be:

Pentax DSLR + Teleconverter + M42 Adapter + M42 Lens

Many Thanks

08-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Other than the requisite light loss from the teleconverter (and potential image degradation) there shoudl be no issues.
08-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
Other than the requisite light loss from the teleconverter (and potential image degradation) there shoudl be no issues.
So basically the same issues as one might expect from a normal K-Mount lens. Thanks for the help.
08-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry I didn't see this before, I've used mine that way, and had no problems with it. I also have M42 teleconverters, but wanted to try it and see. The only problem I had was the usual light loss as mentioned already. Otherwise it seemed to work fine, except for the usual image degradation I've always seen with teleconverters. I rarely use them because of that. But as far as using it as you describe, K mount teleconverter with M42 adapter then lens, it should work fine, mine gave me no problems. The M42 adapter was a bit difficult to remove for some reason, but not a big problem. Maybe the mount is a bit tighter...