Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Ed in GA

Spirit Level. This has to be the deal of the week.

Ordered this spirit level from DealExtreme.com about two weeks ago.

It arrived today from Honk Kong.

$5.39 delivered to me.

DealExtreme: $5.39 Camera and Tripod Fluid Based Leveler

What a deal.

Ed

01-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #2

Thanks Ed. I picked up a couple to share with some friends. Its hard to believe what these cost at a photo store.
01-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
Ordered this spirit level from DealExtreme.com about two weeks ago.

It arrived today from Honk Kong.

$5.39 delivered to me.

DealExtreme: $5.39 Camera and Tripod Fluid Based Leveler

What a deal.

Ed
I ordered one also, it hasn't shipped yet so I assume it will go out next week.
01-31-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I have one too, it is not quite that accurate as I hoped, though. Have you tested yours?

01-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I have one too, it is not quite that accurate as I hoped, though. Have you tested yours?

For $5.39, I didn't expect it to be as accurate as one the cost $50. But, mine tests quite close enough. For sure, closer than I can eyeball it.
01-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
For $5.39, I didn't expect it to be as accurate as one the cost $50. But, mine tests quite close enough. For sure, closer than I can eyeball it.
Sometimes looking can be very deceiving as there has been a problem with the 10D regarding the focus screen not installed properly and photos are a few degrees off. So I wouldn't blame the level so fast. There have been loads of posts on the dpreview forum regarding this. Some members have dropped the focus screen and realigned then locked it back and it now works. Pentax knows of the problem also. Here is a thread on this forum https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/11857-leaning-viewfinder-k10d.html
02-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joelw135 Quote
Sometimes looking can be very deceiving as there has been a problem with the 10D regarding the focus screen not installed properly and photos are a few degrees off. So I wouldn't blame the level so fast. There have been loads of posts on the dpreview forum regarding this. Some members have dropped the focus screen and realigned then locked it back and it now works. Pentax knows of the problem also. Here is a thread on this forum https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/11857-leaning-viewfinder-k10d.html
Right, I had a leaning viewfinder and finally got a new body, which is now okay. I think this is precisely the reason I bought my spirit level, Actually it is quite accurate for leveling the horizon in the viewfinder but less accurate (the other level) when trying to level along the lens axis. Luckily the previous is more important for me. Yes, I agree that an objective approximation can be better than deceiving eye in some landscapes.