Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #1

Battery grip causing weird readings?

I got a nice shiny new battery grip for my K10D at Christmas {(among a pile of other cool Pentax goodies!!!) (Gotta love my wife!!!)}.
Things seem to be working fine...except...when I want to review my pictures, the controls work very eratically when the battery grip is turned on...and sometimes the pictures won't even display at all...and then if they do, it seems like it shuts off as soon as I move the camera...do I have a ghost in the machine???
Anyone else having the same or similar problem?
Any help would be appreciated!!!
Thanx,
Darren.

02-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I could be way off here, but I have had some of the same issues, and here is what I found...

The camera will automatically drop out of play back mode if you depress the shutter at all, thus enabling a quick transition from playback to capture. When looking at the screen, I found that the heel of my right hand would bump the shutter on the grip, thus transitioning the camera to capture mode.

Again, I apologize if you are actually having a serious problem, rather than just having large hands...
02-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #3

I've had my BG-2 for all of an hour and I also have already noticed that the bottom of my hand will bump the shutter button on the grip. Even when I go from portrait to landscape view, I have to turn the BG-2 off so that I don't inadvertently trip the focus.
02-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hmmmm, I'll have to pay closer attention to that!!! Could it really be that simple? (I hope so!!!). Just my lack of co-ordination!!! (That would NOT suprise me one little bit!!!).
Thanks for the replies and help...!!!
~D~

Last edited by Inspection Guy; 02-02-2008 at 09:33 AM.