Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K10D and Wireless trigger of AF-360 FGZ on Stroboframe

I wanted to ask some of you with the experience the following. To trigger my New 360 Flash Wirelessly while mounted on the stroboframe what do I need to do. I understand the need to update the firmware. Do I use the most recent version or an older version? What is the proper setting for the camera. I don't want the on board flash firing if possible, I have several flash and camera grips and stroboframe's. And last but not least do I need to invest in a cable and shoe setup?
Thanks for the Help

02-02-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Just use the latest firmware (1.3)

-Connect the flash to the hotshoe of the camera.
-Turn on camera
-Set flash mode to Wireless in camera (Fn, Down, scroll to the last option on the right)
-Turn on flash on Wirelss mode
-Do a half press on camera's shutter button.

They are now synced and ready to take pictures.
Now take the flash off the camera, place it on your stroboframe and pop up the built in flash.

If you do not want the onboard flash to be included in the exposure, go into the custom menu of the camera, there will be an option to do just that.
02-02-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Oh, connecting the flash to the camera only needs to happen once (unless you plan to change channels). For future wireless flash use, just set both the camera and flash to Wireless, then start shooting
02-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks very much, according to Fed EX, my K10D and flash is about 60 miles away . I appreciate the response.

02-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
All is operational, works great, Thanks Again for the help!
03-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
Forum Member

Hmm, I cannot make this work. I'm following the steps as Avant described, but I can't do step 3. My camera has only normal flash and red eye options - the other two are greyed out. Why would this be? Can anyone help?
03-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dubious Drewski Quote
Hmm, I cannot make this work. I'm following the steps as Avant described, but I can't do step 3. My camera has only normal flash and red eye options - the other two are greyed out. Why would this be? Can anyone help?
Have you upgraded your firmware to 1.3?

03-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #8
Forum Member

Yup, I'm at 1.3.

This is very strange. Yesterday, I was able to select wireless without any hassle - I didn't do anything differently. Some days It's greyed out and sometimes it's not. I have no idea what determines this.

This is a bit confusing.
03-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dubious Drewski Quote
Yup, I'm at 1.3.

This is very strange. Yesterday, I was able to select wireless without any hassle - I didn't do anything differently. Some days It's greyed out and sometimes it's not. I have no idea what determines this.

This is a bit confusing.
It will only work with a lens that is set to the A aperture setting. P-TTL needs matrix metering. If you have a lens that does not have the A position, or you have one with that is set to an aperture, it might not work.
03-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AVANT Quote

If you do not want the onboard flash to be included in the exposure, go into the custom menu of the camera, there will be an option to do just that.
I really wish they'd make this be a separate flash mode. I toggle between these two all the time.
03-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
Forum Member

Oh, I see! I had my Asahi 50mm prime on here - it has no A setting. But my other two lenses work just fine because they weren't made in the seventies, haha.

Oh well, it looks like it'll only be bounced light when using my Asahi. I still love that thing though. I've never heard of another lens that goes to f/1.4! hehe.

Thank you for your help.