Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #1

Universal remote control - bulb mode (Menu C3)

Hello everyone,

I have found several thread on using universal TV/VCR remote controls, however I can't find an answer to my question. Hopefully someone here can enlighten me!

I found the code for my universal remote control EMTEC H420 and works fine EVEN in bulb mode. However, the problem is when I set in my K5 menu to 'press once to start exposure and a second to end it' it start the exposure normally but pressing the button a second time will not actually end the exposure.

So my questions are:

Why pressing a second time does not end the exposure? is it because the remote control code is not the right one or simply because the communication between the K5 and this specific remote control does not work as it should?

Thanks

09-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #2

Original Poster
Well, unfortunately after trying the remote in bulb with the option 2 (hold the remote control release button...) it doesn't work as I expected. In fact the exposure last only for few seconds. There is a red led on the remote control that turns on when you hold any button and it goes off after few seconds. When it goes off, there is no transmission anymore between the K5 and the remote and therefore the exposure stops automatically.

So, my remote control is useful only for AV/TV/M etc. modes. Too bad...

Unless someone has any idea on how to 'fix' this I think this thread can be closed

C.