Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
gary fong origami - any real reviews?

Just got a new flash (Sigma EF 530 Super) and I'm looking for a nice compact bounce reflector. I've done the index card thing, and I'd like something a bit more durable. I'm considering the Gary Fong Origami (VERSATILE "FOLD-FLAT" DIFFUSER ONE SIZE FITS ALL) but I've got some skepticism — it's kinda late-night-infomercially, and all the user reviews I can find online are so glowing that I don't feel I can really trust them... the reviewers seem to have drunk the kool-aid, so to speak.

Anyone used one of these things and found it actually helpful? I realize that being compact is part of its whole point, but is it big enough to be actually useful?

02-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

They gave them away for free at the Jacob Javitz Convention Center Camera show.. Never used one, know someone who has one, doesn't fit their flash - buying new flash so they can use it. That's all I know.
02-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
(Replying to myself....)

Another option would be the Sto-Fen Two-Way bounce, which is smaller, simpler, and cheaper.