Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Try it with both the tripod foot installed and removed. I find the tripod foot makes a nice palm rest where my fingers are in the right position to access the zoom and focus rings. My wife however likes it better with the foot removed, The tripod foot is a very nice design in that it is very easily removed and replaced.
I still think supporting under the camera is wrong, when using a long lens. It is better to hold the grip with the right hand and the lens, as far away from the body as possible with the left.

I know every one differs, but that is how i took the shot I posted.

Having both hands at the body with the lens cantilevered out beyond is asking for trouble, in terms of camera shake. it is almost like using the SLR as a point and shoot.

Now there is a question for the OP, is he using live view?

10-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

That's exactly what I am doing weather with the tripod foot on or off - holding my left hand under the lens.
11-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
That's exactly what I am doing weather with the tripod foot on or off - holding my left hand under the lens.
it is not just a question of under the lens, but at the closest position to the front of the lens as possible, not under the tripod mount.

The further your 2 hands are apart the smaller the relative angular motion between the end of the lens and body(sensor) for a given displacement