Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Genuine Pentax Mount Adapter B or M42 To K adapter

Hey Guys is it worth Paying 80$ for a Brand New Sealed Pack, Japan Made Genuine Pentax Mount Adapter B or M42 To K adapter 30120 ?
please give me your opinions.

Thanks
SANDY

11-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
hooverfocus's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: back home
Posts: 209
Normally the original one should cost around 30$ new. Who's ripping you off with such a price?
11-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,280
QuoteOriginally posted by hooverfocus Quote
Normally the original one should cost around 30$ new. Who's ripping you off with such a price?
The OP is in India.
11-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #4
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hooverfocus Quote
Normally the original one should cost around 30$ new. Who's ripping you off with such a price?
Thanks hooverfocus
You are right i am getting it overpriced but i can not find the genuine adapter on B&H or AMAZON .
somebody told me that PENTAX has stopped manufacturing it so it is quite rare these days on eBay a used one is available for 70$ . So i am confused about this.
Yes I am in INDIA & PENTAX has stopped operating in INDIA Since 2009 or 2010 . so we can not find even new lenses here.

Thanks

11-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
hooverfocus's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: back home
Posts: 209
Wow, sorry about that, I guess you're out of luck!
I guess the worst that could happen with a 3rd party one is having difficulties in removing it, although I have no direct experience with those (I have a genuine one). Whether peace of mind is worth 80$ I don't know, maybe it is
11-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,280
QuoteOriginally posted by SANDY1977 Quote
Thanks hooverfocus
You are right i am getting it overpriced but i can not find the genuine adapter on B&H or AMAZON .
somebody told me that PENTAX has stopped manufacturing it so it is quite rare these days on eBay a used one is available for 70$ . So i am confused about this.
Yes I am in INDIA & PENTAX has stopped operating in INDIA Since 2009 or 2010 . so we can not find even new lenses here.

Thanks
Even if Pentax has stopped producing it, it shouldn't be rare enough to command that kind of price. The adapter was in production for 36 or so. There are millions of these sitting in drawers or closets around the world.

Here is one that is currently at $23.50 with 7 bids (4 days left)

Genuine Pentax Mount Adapter K to M42 Screw Mount | eBay
11-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Even if Pentax has stopped producing it, it shouldn't be rare enough to command that kind of price. The adapter was in production for 36 or so. There are millions of these sitting in drawers or closets around the world.

Here is one that is currently at $23.50 with 7 bids (4 days left)

Genuine Pentax Mount Adapter K to M42 Screw Mount | eBay
Thanks I am watching it n will try to get it
06-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Genuine Pentax K or B

I sure am glad you are all out there and that I joined! My question is similar to Sandy's. I shopped online and ran across 2 genuine Pentax adapters; a Pentax K adapter and a Pentax B adapter. I may be missing something obvious (it happens more than I like) but both say they are for adapting M42 screw mount lenses to new Pentax K mount bodies. I will be happily be using one on a K-30 soon and want to get the correct one. Help please!
Also, is this a correct question for this thread or should I have started a new one? This is my first question and I want to use the Forum effectively and correctly.

06-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,280
QuoteOriginally posted by Mythos1 Quote
I sure am glad you are all out there and that I joined! My question is similar to Sandy's. I shopped online and ran across 2 genuine Pentax adapters; a Pentax K adapter and a Pentax B adapter. I may be missing something obvious (it happens more than I like) but both say they are for adapting M42 screw mount lenses to new Pentax K mount bodies. I will be happily be using one on a K-30 soon and want to get the correct one. Help please!
Also, is this a correct question for this thread or should I have started a new one? This is my first question and I want to use the Forum effectively and correctly.
Look in pretty much any old Pentax manual and you will see it described as Pentax Adaptor K. For some reason some resellers list it as Pentax Adapter B, but they are the same thing.
06-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
Moderator
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 6,017
I read some where the B stood for bayonet. More likely is from bad printing "K" got mistaken for "B" and the error has just been perpetuated.

The adapter SRB in the UK sells gets good marks. They probably ship to India. Royal Mail usually isn't all that expensive.

Pentax M42 adaptor|M42 lens| Pentax K
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, m42, pentax, pentax mount adapter, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Genuine M42 to Pentax K mount lens adapter in original box 17dew Sold Items 5 05-08-2012 05:23 PM
For Sale - Sold: Genuine Pentax Mount Adapter m42 to K (orig. pkg) REDUCED! cheekygeek Sold Items 6 04-12-2012 08:23 PM
For Sale - Sold: Genuine Pentax K to M42 screw mount adapter 17dew Sold Items 5 11-10-2011 10:33 PM
Wanted - Acquired: Genuine Pentax M42 to K mount adapter Canada_Rockies Sold Items 3 12-27-2009 07:05 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top