Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Here are my pictures of my new DA limited lens case 2. I love it! Used it last week for a trip to San Francisco. Made for an easy travel kit; this lens case containing my DA 15, DA 21, DA 40, and DA 70, and on my K-x I had the F 28mm mounted. The F 28 does fit in the case as well, by the way, if I remove any one of the DA limiteds except for the DA 40.

I also attached velcro strips that I bought cheaply off of Amazon; these help secure the lenses to the case so that they don't fall out when you open it. But I'm still very careful about opening the case anyway; it's just nice to have the extra insurance of these velcro straps!

01-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Here are my pictures of my new DA limited lens case 2. I love it! Used it last week for a trip to San Francisco. Made for an easy travel kit; this lens case containing my DA 15, DA 21, DA 40, and DA 70, and on my K-x I had the F 28mm mounted. The F 28 does fit in the case as well, by the way, if I remove any one of the DA limiteds except for the DA 40.

I also attached velcro strips that I bought cheaply off of Amazon; these help secure the lenses to the case so that they don't fall out when you open it. But I'm still very careful about opening the case anyway; it's just nice to have the extra insurance of these velcro straps!

I took a slightly different approach to the issue of lack of security of the lenses possibly falling out - I got hook velcro and cut 4in strips that I attach on one side, roll around the barrel of the lens, and roll the lens into the case. This secures each lens and also secures the lid from opening without effort once the zipper is undone. I have used it on our current trip to Florida and the arrangement is working well. My case has the 15, 40 (with hood attached), 70 (with hood attached), and FA50/1.4 all in the case with room to spare. I also replaced the strap that came with the case with one from a LowePro lens changing bag because its wider, has better hardware, is longer, and has a sliding pad.
01-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
HSV
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I took a slightly different approach to the issue of lack of security of the lenses possibly falling out - I got hook velcro and cut 4in strips that I attach on one side, roll around the barrel of the lens, and roll the lens into the case. This secures each lens and also secures the lid from opening without effort once the zipper is undone. I have used it on our current trip to Florida and the arrangement is working well. My case has the 15, 40 (with hood attached), 70 (with hood attached), and FA50/1.4 all in the case with room to spare. I also replaced the strap that came with the case with one from a LowePro lens changing bag because its wider, has better hardware, is longer, and has a sliding pad.
Sounds interesting! Could you post a pic of how it ended up?
01-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This looks perfect for some mix of the kit lens (probably stored separately), DA15, K24, DA40, A50f1.7 and DFA100WR. Can anyone confirm that the DFA hood would fit in the case?

01-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
I have two of the original 3 lens Limited cases and now this new one. All are fantastic products. The FA31 fits fine in the earlier 3 lens version and is a bit tighter in the newer 5 lens case which seems to have a bit smaller diameter. It only holds 4 lenses for me due to my specific kit so I've been using the 15, 21, 43 and 77 as my "Limited Bazooka".

Switched the shoulder strap to the padded clip-on strap from the FA* 80-200 as it has a step stronger clips, fatter webbing and a sliding shoulder pad. Stock one is OK, I just had a better one sitting unused...plus I slip a small case with the K-01 (plus spare battery, SD cards and Polarizer) onto the strap to carry the four lenses and a body taking up barely more space than a seatbelt strap. Neat little minimalist kit when that's my plan.

When you examine the case you'll find that it's a good value at $50. It has strong sewn-in metal loops on each end of the zipper for the strap or for strapping to luggage or other camera bags, comes with multiple lens separators, it's a semi-hard case with a rigid liner--not just a soft case, and comes with a shoulder strap. I recommend it highly. You won't be disappointed when your order arrives.
Hi Ron,

You wrote: "I've been using the 15, 21, 43 and 77 as my "Limited Bazooka".

I am planning to use the case with 15, 35, 43 and 77, and I'm wondering if it will fit.

Do you have a photo perhaps, of your "bazooka"? If you do, that might help me visualise better just how things sit in your setup, and it might help me estimate if I could fit in my proposed setup.

Also, apparently there are "hard type" and "soft type" of lens dividers provided - do you know why?

Thanks a lot.
01-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #21
Pentaxian

This case only seems to be available in the US, so I'm thinking about picking one up in a few months as we're planning a trip to NY. Although I only have one DA Ltd so far...

Can anyone confirm if it fits the smaller-diameter manual lenses such as Takumars or M series lenses with a 49mm thread?
02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #22
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wilbo Quote
This is what I was afraid of if I got it. Couldn't stand a half-full lens case! Hope I'm not kicking myself for not buying the case now
I got one, and I've found it costs way more than $50. It already caused me to purchase a DA70 to fill one of the empty slots!

Can anyone confirm if the DFA 100/2.8 WR will fit (without the hood)? That might be just right to fill the last space.

02-11-2013, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

If the case is too short for your lenses, you may want to try the double rear lens cap from Op/Tech (or glue two single rear lens caps back to back as I did before buying the Op/Tech). The lenses + caps length may not change, but you need less dividers:

02-12-2013, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by klh Quote
Can anyone confirm if the DFA 100/2.8 WR will fit (without the hood)?
Yes, it will fit, just barely, and it does zip closed without too much effort. Definitely will not fit the hood though. And once in there, there's room for only DA 15 and DA 70, or maybe DA 21, DA 40 and DA 15 (although I didn't try that particular combination-- it may be too tight...)

Here is a pic:
02-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Definitely will not fit the hood though.
Leave the supplied hood at home, use this "limited" hood instead. You may like it so much you use it also for the DA 70mm Ltd. (I do):

02-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #26
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, it will fit, just barely, and it does zip closed without too much effort. Definitely will not fit the hood though. And once in there, there's room for only DA 15 and DA 70, or maybe DA 21, DA 40 and DA 15 (although I didn't try that particular combination-- it may be too tight...)
76ers and SOldBear,

Thanks for the info and pix.

That would be perfect travel kit if I put the 40 on the camera and my 15, 70, and a new 100 in the case. LBA strikes again!

Last edited by klh; 02-12-2013 at 11:49 AM.
02-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
HSV
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
Leave the supplied hood at home, use this "limited" hood instead. You may like it so much you use it also for the DA 70mm Ltd. (I do):
Looks interesting...where did you buy this attachment?

I sort of had the idea of putting this thing into every telephoto lens I have...looks nice and I think it provides a level of safety.
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HSV Quote
Looks interesting...where did you buy this attachment?

I sort of had the idea of putting this thing into every telephoto lens I have...looks nice and I think it provides a level of safety.
It's just a stepdown adapter ring. In this case, it's 49-to-28. I have this setup for all of my prime lenses, except for DA15mm (has a built-in sliding hood) and Sigma 30mm F/1.4 (vignetting badly).

This post has more info.
02-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #29
HSV
Veteran Member

great...thanks!