Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
LCD Field Monitors

I know this has been discussed previously but I am particularly interested in the SWIVI 5.6" monitor made by DotLine. I have seen good and bad reviews and I am wondering if any one on the forum has used one. My main use would be studio and field macro work with a K-5 and IIs. I really like the tripod attachment idea as opposed to hot shoe and it's the right size and right price, around AUS400. Any comments?

Regards,

David

11-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It looks like an attractive unit, albeit adding some bulk to the camera down low.
Is this the same unit at Cambuy (for AUD$360 locally)?
Swivi 5.6" External HDMI Swivel Monitor :: Field Monitors :: Digital SLR & Mirrorless System Camera Accessories :: Accessories :: CamBuy
11-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It looks like an attractive unit, albeit adding some bulk to the camera down low.
Is this the same unit at Cambuy (for AUD$360 locally)?
Swivi 5.6" External HDMI Swivel Monitor :: Field Monitors :: Digital SLR & Mirrorless System Camera Accessories :: Accessories :: CamBuy
Yes it is and the price is right. PRA Imaging in Perth have one for $450 and I think the sun shade is extra! I'll be in Perth for Xmas (caravaning the big circle) so will have a look. I am attracted by the portability and focus peaking in particular for detailed macro work. The SWIVI seems to be the best value for money and I really don't like the hot shoe mounting field monitors.

Regards,

David