Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #16
Inactive Account

The answer is simple when you swap to a decent camera system. If you aren't fussy about quality, try Nikon.
(Since you own a Pentax camera I assume you really don't care about quality)
If you wish to upgrade and get quality I suggest buying a canon.

06-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for your input, Ronald McTroll. Bye-bye.
06-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Fitting name for a clown.
06-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonaldMcdonlld Quote
No subtlety.

In my day, people knew how to troll. Nowadays, kids aren't even trying. Bull in a china shop.

06-23-2014, 04:55 AM   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
No subtlety.

In my day, people knew how to troll. Nowadays, kids aren't even trying. Bull in a china shop.
Well, as you can see by his user status, he won't be back. I sent him out to play so the grownups could talk.
06-23-2014, 05:19 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The flu card doesn't allow you to focus by tapping the screen, and isn't as functional overall, but it's like Cam Ranger Light. It allows me to set up and shoot from my arm chair. at a pre-determined position. However the focus controls in cam ranger would add tons of functionality for macros, you could actually make use of that big screen. For the setup shown in the video, a camera that far away from the subject... I wouldn't go through the trouble of setting it up. In fact, of all the uses I though of for the flu-card before I got one, in most cases I haven't used it. The limiting factor with the flu cards is you have to be so close. Functionally you need to be quite close to the camera. SO close that if I'm shooting hummingbirds at the feeder, I'm still close enough to spook them. Sitting 15 feet away at my kitchen table looking out the window didn't work.
06-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonaldMcdonlld Quote
The answer is simple when you swap to a decent camera system. If you aren't fussy about quality, try Nikon.
If you wish to upgrade and get quality I suggest buying a canon.
Apparently never used a Canon...

Edit: That was nasty, since it depends heavily on the Canon camera model. One of the nice things about Pentax is that the solid build quality extends through the entire line.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-23-2014 at 08:37 AM.
06-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The flu card doesn't allow you to focus by tapping the screen,
Huh? That's one of the first things I did with the O-FC1 card, and one of the most basic operations. I'm so perplexed by your statement I have to assume you're being sarcastic...

Are you using it with a laptop that doesn't have a touch screen? That might be the problem! You have to click in the live view!
04-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #24
Forum Member

Received 4-15-15 to my email request for a Pentax 645Z Camranger unit:

"Hi Mark,
Yes, this is a popular request and one that hope to be able to add, but we can’t make any promises at this point.

- Dave
CamRanger"