Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

the problem with a lot of the bags shown here is that they look like camera bags, or carry logos that identify them as camera bags.

I have a fabric Fossil bag similar to the leather one here

FOSSIL

I use it to hold several lenses and a DSLR, it simply does not look liike a camera bag.

My normal limit is 4 M42 lenses, (assuming DSLR is in hand) or holding a second body with a single zoom (i alternate with sigma 10-20 and tamron 28075 on my two bodies)

It has additional zippered internal pouches, as well as pocket for cell phone and Ipod. (not big enough for I pad) and a front access pouch (under the flap) that is also zippered.

12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I also used a messenger bag for quite a while, with a cheap inserrt. Now I'm looking at the Timbuk2 small snoop messenger, looks great and seems extremely well made.

If you do get a messenger bag, try to find one that DOESN'T have a zipper to close the top, it makes accessing the camera much more difficult.
12-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #18

Lowepro CompuDaypack. As the reviews indicate, it's a bag which doesn't scream steal me. Got mine at Best Buy for under $60 a few months ago.

Best Buy - Lowepro - CompuDaypack Laptop and Camera Bag - Slate Gray customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #19

Soft sided lunch boxes/coolers also make great camera bags. I use one for my 4x5 kit and another for the film holders. The insulation makes for good padding,they are inexpensive as can be, and nobody wants to steal a tuna salad sandwich.
I also have a DaKine Sequence and a 15+ year old Heli-Pro backpack. Their stuff is unbeleivably bomb-proof and relatively underpriced. I have worked in ski/sport retail for years and have the utmost respect for that company and their products.

12-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #20

I really like this one for a K-5 (Maxpedition Fatboy GTG):

It fits a K-5 and 4-5 limited lenses and I can strap more on the outside if needed. It needs some custom inserts to work as a camera bag though, and it doesn't work with larger lenses.
12-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
The bag gets washed, it's not that hard to throw it into washing machine. Not to mention that the camera padding is removable. That's another thing that I like about this bag, it's simple, it's easy to wash, since it's made out of cotton.
It was actually a joke, sorry. The very thought though, putting that lovely camera in with your sweaty dirty gym clothes, ick, just ick!!! You're lucky it doesn't run away and find itself another owner, grin. That's total camera abuse.
12-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Looks great and has more pockets than needed. Iīm fitting a K-5 and 3 lenses plus spare batteries, filters, remote etc etc in it without any probīs

Kalahari Kapako K-31 Camera Bag for DSLR Cameras and Bridge Cameras - Khaki

12-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I just bought a simple messenger bag from eBay, not even intended to carry camera gear, and stuffed a large flexible ciesta camera partition insert bag inside it.
12-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I bought a Golla "SLR" bag. Its fluorescent orange and when I put my yellow K-01 in it.. well, it doesnt look like super valuable pro gear. I am traveling soon, so I hope my theory holds
12-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I bought a Golla "SLR" bag. Its fluorescent orange and when I put my yellow K-01 in it.. well, it doesnt look like super valuable pro gear. I am traveling soon, so I hope my theory holds
Well, at least if someone grabs it, you will be able to spot him from miles away
"Here he is ... running away on that second hill to the left right next to that airplane that just appeared over the horizon."
12-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #26
gtl
Veteran Member

Get a Billingham Hadley. It looks excellent, though it is a little pricey.
12-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Louicio Quote
I just bought a simple messenger bag from eBay, not even intended to carry camera gear, and stuffed a large flexible ciesta camera partition insert bag inside it.
Which items did you buy exactly? I'm always interested in reading what others find. Do you have links?
12-12-2012, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

I still have the purchases in my eBay account, hopefully the links work.
The messenger bag:
New Men's Canvas Casual GYM Shoulder Messenger Satchel Purse School Bag Travel | eBay

The Ciesta insert bag:
New Ciesta Flexible Camera Partition Insert Bag (Large) for DSLR SLR (Brown) | eBay
12-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #29
Forum Member

Louicio,

Just bought one of the Ciesta partitions. Thanks for the link!

Still pondering one of the bags

Regards, Gary
12-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use a Tenba Large Messenger bag for traveling and I love it. It also comes in various colours if you don't want black:

Messenger Bag

Phil.