Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks!! I'll keep an eye out for the Amazon deals!

05-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
jac
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just did the same thing on the legs - I have two Acratech heads I'm in love with so they stay. It will replace a twenty year-old Gitzo which could double as an anchor for a yatch and augment a little, light Induro C014. As Miguel commented, the flip-lock seems to be more secure. I've hand too many leg-slips with the twist-to-tighten legs especially in the deep cold.
05-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #33
Veteran Member

I have the Induro CX-113 pair with Smith-Victor BH5 ball head, the combo is very sturdy, but I had found it wore me out fast when I had it together with other camera gears when I had to take a bit long walk, even from parking lot to the shore, so I had to find a lighter tripod to reduce the weight on my back. After quite a bit of searching, I found this Dolica Amazon.com: Dolica ZX600B300 Proline ZX Series 60-Inch Carbon Fiber Tripod with Ball Head: Camera & Photo. No way this Dolica can match the Induro in sturdiness but it saves me about 2.5lbs at its weight 3.5lbs, besides it is a beautiful tripod with top notch fit and finish. I have not tried it in a little strong wind yet, but at home when I mounted my K-20D with the FA 80-330, the ball head locked good with a tiny bit of sagging. I really like everything of this Dolica tripod, including the ability of reversing the center column so I can have the camera close down to the ground to do some macro works.