Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #1

Cleaning an "oily" filter?

I'm having some issues with oily residue on my polarizer after accidentally groping it with sweaty hands.

I tried cleaning by breathing on my lens and rubbing in a circular motion with a microfiber cloth. After that was completely unsuccessful, I purchased a cleaning kit and tried the cleaner with tissue, finishing off with a new microfiber cloth.

I can not manage to get rid of the oily residue, it's driving me mental. Any ideas, tips or suggestions? I'm currently traveling through Southeast Asia right now, and don't have access to much.

Thanks in advance.
Jen

12-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

Hand soap without lotion and a good rinse will get rid of it but one would need to be careful not to get water between the elements.Liquids for cleaning glasses will get most oil off
12-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Boker! I gave it a try and it worked.
12-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Strong liquor (whiskey, tequila, vodka, or rice liquor in Asia).