Veteran Member

Sooo ... is a tripod ... with tiny legs

12-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
<lol> Yes, indeed it is.

But that very plain-vanilla monopod might be something very like the cheapo 'pods that used to be available (not sure today, haven't looked for one there) at WalMart -- in the sporting goods (read: shooting accessories) aisle. Just a twist-release to extend it and a plain 1/4x20 threaded screw on top. No head or anything on it, just the screw, so you could mount the head of your choice on it. I'm fairly sure there's one of these things rattling around in the trunk of the car or buried in a closet somewhere. Very inexpensive, as I recall. Not stable enough for me (neither is the plain-vanilla Slik), though.

We'll see. It seems that Santa has a Versipod II on order for me (just found out), won't have it until next week and won't have a chance to mess with it until the weekend.

But all of this is very useful info!
12-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
<lol> Yes, indeed it is.

But that very plain-vanilla monopod might be something very like the cheapo 'pods that used to be available (not sure today, haven't looked for one there) at WalMart -- in the sporting goods (read: shooting accessories) aisle. Just a twist-release to extend it and a plain 1/4x20 threaded screw on top. No head or anything on it, just the screw, so you could mount the head of your choice on it. I'm fairly sure there's one of these things rattling around in the trunk of the car or buried in a closet somewhere. Very inexpensive, as I recall. Not stable enough for me (neither is the plain-vanilla Slik), though.

We'll see. It seems that Santa has a Versipod II on order for me (just found out), won't have it until next week and won't have a chance to mess with it until the weekend.

But all of this is very useful info!
Congratulations on the Versipod II. I hope it meets your expectations.
12-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks. I hope so, too. Won't have it until Wednesday <sulk>, and then will have to wait until the weekend to play with it (pesky day job), but I'm looking forward to it.