Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Help with Soligor winder for Pentax

I picked up a Soligor winder yesterday and I think it fits Pentax. Can someone tell me what Pentax model(s) it may work with? It has 1 guide pin and 4 connector pins. Many Pentax has only 3 connectors for winder. Please help me out!

Attached Images

01-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The layout of pins etc looks the same as the OEM Pentax ME winder, my feeling is that it is for Pentax ME range of cameras..

I've got two ME winders for the four Pentax film cameras that I've got, all in good condition and regularly used, but I won't use the winders any more. The cameras are old and speed and force is just too much for them and they jam regularly with the winders. I bought the second winder because I thought the first was causing the problem.
It's not a huge job to un jam the old film cameras, but it's not something I want to be doing every time I use the cameras. I just fit them on as a grip and leave the batteries out.

I've just remembered.......don't even think about using the winder on the camera without a film in it "just to try it" - that WILL jam the camera.
01-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank´s Lloyde for the answer. One detail that makes me a bit confused is the number of connector pins on the winder. Pentax original winders for ME has only 3 connector pins. The Soligor got 4 connector pins. Is there any explanation to this?
01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The large pin and the three nearest to it look like the same configuration as the ME Winder, but the Cameras, ( 2 ME Supers, 1 ME and 1 MG ) have three pins on the base.
It's not Chinon, Minolta MD, Canon FD or Olympus OM - well not the cameras I have anyway

The drive dog looks the same as the ME winder.

On the ME the distance from the center of the tripod mount screw to the center of the drive is 59mm and 47mm to the center of the large contact pin.

01-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PeterW Quote
Thank´s Lloyde for the answer. One detail that makes me a bit confused is the number of connector pins on the winder. Pentax original winders for ME has only 3 connector pins. The Soligor got 4 connector pins. Is there any explanation to this?
The Super A/Super Program can read the four pins. I expect the Program A/Program Plus might have the same, but don't have any of those around.

I *think* that would still work on the ME Super, etc, but the MEII winder only has the three pins. I'm not sure what the function of the fourth might be. But since the winder you have there has a slot for the body cover that doesn't appear on the later models, I expect it will function for the whole ME series: there: there'd be no reason to make a receptacle for the winder gear cover if it didn't work on those cameras.

Should be good to go with whatever it fits on.
01-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you all for answers. I´m going to buy some random Pentax and check the winder working status. BRB friends!

Last edited by Paddan; 01-28-2013 at 02:23 PM.
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #7

Original Poster
Today i got my Pentax body for the Soligor winder. It works very well together. I´m really not a Pentax collector but I could not resist buying the ME body for $7. Thanks for all input!
Attached Images