Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #1

Red lines after use of ND filter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi there

I'm having problems with my ND filter (ND3, 1000x). At least I hope it's the filter causing them, not the sensor.
I'm getting red lines (see attachment) when shooting with this filter (which lens I use doesn't matter), although it's said that it's a very good filter for it's price. Those red lines get sharper and more visible as the aperture gets smaller. The photo in the attachment was taken at f22 and for 67s.
Have you seen something similar? I didn't even know what to google. If it's the filter, I'll get a new one but I don't want to waste my money if the problem's actually somewhere else (maybe sensor heat?)

Greetings
Freddy

Attached Images

01-29-2013, 04:20 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is your eyepiece covered with the plastic cap? Could be light coming in through that. Other than that ND filters can have warm casts (my b&w does), but that is over the whole image usually. That said I don't recognise this particular brand, it maybe optically poor, but given the red cast's shape I'd be more inclined towards light coming in through a viewfinder
01-29-2013, 04:34 AM   #3

Original Poster
Wow, that's it I totally forgot about this cap. Now there's not even a cast...should have asked earlier

Thank you very much
01-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

02-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
genius!