Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Manfrotto-Kata-Gitzo Warranty Extension Option

I just bought a Manfrotto tripod and in reviewing the materials with it noticed that they offer a free warranty extension if you register the product online with them.

Warranty Registration

Warranty Information

Thank you for your interest in Manfrotto. Our products all carry a statutory warranty which assures that the product is fit for use and covered against any manufacturing defects. The duration of the statutory warranty varies from country to country and state to state. However, we are so sure that the quality of your Manfrotto product will exceed your expectations that, beginning December 1st, 2010, we offer original purchasers additional limited warranty extensions on some of our products. By simply registering your purchase with us, your product will receive the warranty extension, if it is available for your product. Registration only takes a few moments, and the information you provide will also help us to ensure that our products and services answer the needs you express.

Manfrotto offers a variety of products in different categories to provide you with every solution you need for photo, video, lighting, apparel and bags. Each category of products comes with a different warranty. Choose the category of your product below to view its warranty terms and conditions.
  • Photo Products
    • Photo Products - 2 year warranty (eligible for 3 year extension)
      The following Manfrotto Photo products MK393-H, MK393-PD, MK393S-H, MK393S-PD, MK394-H, MK394-PD, MK394-PQ, MKC3-H01, MKC3-H02, MKC3-P01, MKC3-P02, MM394, MMC3-01, MMC3-02, MP1-C01, MP1-C02, MP3-D01, MP3-D02, MTT2-P02, 732CY, 732CY,494RC2, 732CY-A3RC1 are covered by a Standard 2 Year Limited Warranty and eligible to a free 3 year Limited Conventional Warranty Extension upon Online Product Registration
    • Photo Products - 2 year warranty (eligible for 8 year extension)
      All Manfrotto Photo products (excluding the ones mentioned in the previous paragraph) are covered by a Standard 2 Year Limited Warranty and eligible for a free 8 year Limited Conventional Warranty Extension upon Online Product Registration
  • Video Products
    All Manfrotto Video products are covered by a Standard 2 Year Limited Warranty and eligible for a free 3 year Limited Warranty Extension upon Online Product Registration
  • Lighting Products
    All Manfrotto Lighting products are covered by a Standard 2 Year Limited Warranty and are eligible for a free 3 year Limited Warranty Extension upon Online Product Registration
  • Bags
    • Lino Collection
      All Manfrotto Lino Collection Bags are covered by a Standard 5 Year Limited Warranty and are eligible for a free Lifetime Warranty Extension upon Online Product Registration
    • Stile Collection
      All Manfrotto Stile Collection Bags are covered by a Standard 2 Year Limited Warranty and are eligible for a free 3 year Warranty Extension upon Online Product Registration

02-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Good to know!

Kata bags, at the very least, offer a 5-year warranty to the original purchaser, which is extended to "lifetime" if you register it with them. Quite worth it, as I have some Kata bags that are 12 years old and still schlepping gear all over! When a shoulder strap to one of my holster bags broke (in a car door) they mailed me a replacement, from Israel, in a week.
02-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Thanks Doc - got my Manfrotto gear registered today.
02-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I just bought a Manfrotto tripod and in reviewing the materials with it noticed that they offer a free warranty extension if you register the product online with them.
Good choice but I doubt you ever need to use the warranty.
I have used Bogen/Manfrotto tripods at work for last 2 decades or so. I have only seen them fail from misuse, like getting knocked over on concrete or being left outdoors in the elements for several years, where the twist lock leg screws would finally corrode shut and then get busted due to knuckleheads using pliers trying to free them.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 02-06-2013 at 05:45 PM.
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Good choice but I doubt you ever need to use the warranty.
I have used Bogen/Manfrotto tripods at work for last 2 decades or so. I have only seen them fail from misuse, like getting knocked over on concrete or being left outdoors in the elements for several years, where the twist lock leg screws would finally corrode shut and then get busted due to knuckleheads using pliers trying to free them.
Thanks, I know they have a good reputation but I'd rather have the extended warranty and not need it than the other way around
02-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks, I know they have a good reputation but I'd rather have the extended warranty and not need it than the other way around
No doubt about it, absolutely nothing wrong with the extended warranty. Just saying that they do make a great product that can take a beating.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 02-06-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: I did not finish my thought process, go figure!