Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Use PSP as IR remote for K10D

I just tried using my PSP act as an IR remote for K10D, and found it to be working perfectly.

May be most of the people would not be interested in this but still I'm putting the whole instruction (if someone wants to try it)
You can just download the PSP universal remote application from this link
gadgets , games , softwares , psp tutorials n more: PSP UNIVERSAL REMOTE complete edition

You can find the installation instruction on the above link.

Once you are able to launch the application from the main screen press "L" chose "universal" brand
in the model sub list select the first model (I tried it & it worked).

now press "R" key from the command list select "channel+" press square to select the command and then press a button (X , O , triangle , square or direction buttons ) to assign the command to it. repeat this step for "channel-" also select a different button this time.

on K10D set the camera to remote mode place the psp in line with the IR port.

Hit the button on psp which you assigned. the camera should take a shot.

if it doesn't try assigning other keys also (power, vol+,vol-)

for me the channel button worked. this works with the bulb mode also keep the button pressed.

for AF just enable the setting in custom menu.

hopefully this should work on all K10D's

if you have a PSP please try it at least you will save around 10$ of the official remote.

cheers!!!

02-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #2

this is cool. I need to try this out. The PSP is so multi-talented . a trick I saw on another forum is to buy a cheapo universal remote, I think I paid about $7 for a Phillips one...it works but has to be really close to the sensor.
02-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I always carry my PSP with me so I can save the $7 .

I just posted this for PSP users, nobody is going to buy a PSP for this purpose.