Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
M42-PK Adapter Spring Screw

I dug out my origanal m42-PK adapter I bought back in the seventies and noticed that the screw that holds the spring in place has gone missing. I haven't used this in years and I can't find that screw in my Halliburton case that it live in. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a replacement screw, or if anyone has one left over if they removed their spring they'd be willing to sell. I hate to have to buy a new adapter just for this microscopic screw.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited by mpreston; 02-12-2013 at 05:34 AM.
02-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I doubt anyone has a 'spare' screw for the adapter unless he/she deliberately removes the spring to use the adapter like a semi-permanent K mount (as I do). I've tried screwing in the little screw that came off my most recent 3rd party adapter but no go. The one genuine adapter that I do have, I bought here in the marketplace cheap because it was missing the spring and the screw. If you don't happen to find the missing screw for your adapter, pm me and I'll take the adapter sans spring - cheap - and you can offset the cost of reacquiring another complete adapter, somewhat.
02-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #3

It's probably a standard size screw. Maybe somebody with a micrometer can measure theirs. Try Microfasteners for a replacement:

Flat Head Machine Screws - Phillips - Stainless - Micro Fasteners
02-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the information.