Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
Forum Member

DSLR Diaper bag

Yup.....super mom here.....

I need a good bag that I can safely store my k-30 in as well as diapers and other baby junk lol

So far I am LOVING the Domke f2..... but would it double well as a dipaer bag too?

Lightweight is KEY as Im already hauling a load....and I really prefer canvas

thanks guys!

02-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I suggest you look around eBay for a regular canvas bag, then get an insert for it (ciesta are supposed to be good, Puleme also. Both on eBay). You won't find a dedicated camera bag that can serve as a diaper bag. I'm a young dad so that type of question arises for me too I usually just grab a regular camera bag in addition to the diaper bag.

If you have a large diaper bag that you like, just use that and get an insert for it.

Congrats on your baby, by the way!
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks!!!!
02-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canvas on the outside, sure, but speaking from experience, you don't want anything but washable nylon on the inside! Someday the little baggie of snacks will open, or the wipes container won't reseal, and maybe that jar of "just in case" food will break when the bag gets knocked around.

DSLR in there as well? Maybe a bag-within-the-diaper-bag for that.

Personally, I put my spare Q (so cheap now!) in a "regular diaper bag" for the trips out with the baby, since it takes so little room. It's also far less likely that some sneak thief at a crowded park is going to run off with what looks like a bag of baby stuff (not a Domke or Crumpler or Lowepro) while I'm snapping pictures of my little one.

Oh yeah, and I'm a guy. Still rockin' the diaper bag!

02-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

An insert inside of your diaper bag sounds like a good idea to me. I have this one:

Mountainsmith Kit Cube 10-81064-01 B&H Photo Video

I just use it for regular duty inside of a messenger bag, but since this one has the drawstring top it seems like it would work well for you.
02-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bullitt_60 Quote
An insert inside of your diaper bag sounds like a good idea to me. I have this one:

Mountainsmith Kit Cube 10-81064-01 B&H Photo Video

I just use it for regular duty inside of a messenger bag, but since this one has the drawstring top it seems like it would work well for you.

sweet thanks!
02-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have the Ona insert and it is awesome. I put the insert in purses for everyday out and about and in a Vera Bradley messenger bag when shooting weddings as a lens bag.

I also have the 2 Sues from Kelly Moore. That bag is too small for a diaper bag, but they have a couple of larger bags that were Designed with baby in mind..juju and Libby, I think.

02-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

You're kind of better off hiding Domke inserts in a diaper bag, .... no one will want to steal it, assuredly.
02-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Mountainsmith kit cube is good advice. I just remembered that Cubeze (found on B&H) are also great, with a lifetime warranty. I use one at the bottom of my backpack.
02-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I have a Tamrac Superlight48 I could let you have cheap. It'll hold half of New Jersey.